.280AI ????

Bwana1

Beginner
Jan 26, 2006
Is Nosler going to load ammo for this round???If so, when will it be available???THANKS

Thank You.It's time an Ammunition Co. chose to load for this cartridge.What are the initial bullets,weights going to be and what kind of velocities can we expect.Now if we could just get a major rifle co. to build factory rifles with 26" barrels in this fine cartridge.I'd love to see a 150gr. CT Ballistic Tip and Partition loading :grin: .

Will the 280AI have SAAMI specs and be 'registered' to Nosler as a propiratory cartridge? Thanks, capt david

Nosler,

What load offerings are you considering? 160 gr AB at 3000 fps would be outstanding.
Will this be a SAMMI spec registered to Nosler?

Regards,

JD338

JD338":10yib0at said:
Nosler,

What load offerings are you considering? 160 gr AB at 3000 fps would be outstanding.
Will this be a SAMMI spec registered to Nosler?

Nosler,

Whats the story?

JD338

Nosler<

What is the story with the 280 AI?
What loads are you going to offer?
When will brass be available?
SAMMI spec?

JD338

Here is what I understand.
1. It is now at SAAMI, waiting on testing.
2. It will be loaded to higher pressure than the original 280, probably close to 270
3. I don't know, but assume that brass will be avaliable because they will be making it for loaded ammo.
4. If I had to guess it should be loaded with a 140 and 160 BT and AB.
The first too I'm about 100% sure, the second two I'd bet on. capt david

I assume that the techs at Nosler will be loading this round for the new '06 custom rifle. No word yet if it will be avail to the general public. Nosler is doing great things right now the only way to go is up.

I wonder if it will be a true rimless improved chamber in terms of having negative headspace for the standard 280 round?

Someone who was having a 280 AI made up said that he was using Nosler 280 AI brass to set the headspace.

I understand from a Nosler contact that the .280 Ackley standardization process should be done Real Soon Now.

The first 50 rifles are to ship by March.

jim

SAAMI has not yet finalized the cartridge to the full extent. We are starting to get data back on the lighter grained bullets. I have no idea how long this process takes, but i can tell you that we are not going to wait around. The rifles will go on. We will start shipping at the end of April.

Nosler3":vegcpl4j said:
... but i can tell you that we are not going to wait around. The rifles will go on. We will start shipping at the end of April.
I'm very pleased to hear that Nosler is continuing work on this and pushing forward. Great news!

Thanks.

This is a blessing to hear!!!

I had a .280 AI built 6 yrs ago and had to do alot of searching to find reliable info on reloading and ballistsics for this cartridge. Nosler being the reputable company it is comes through in adopting this round on a commercial level. Kudos to Nosler!!!!!

My question is, in what publication will Nosler be printing the approved SAAMI data? Might there be a new Nosler reloading manual in the works?
I'm currently using the No7 manual as reference for my .280AI. Are there any updates on that data?
Thanks for the feedback.

I do not know what the exact data will be for the 280AI when it is finally 100% SAAMI approved, but I can tell you that we will publish it.The data will also be more impressive than the current data that we have. You will find it in our new reloading guide. Hopefully we will see the manual on store shelves this summer.

Back