.375 R.U.M. accubond for elk

Greg Nolan

Handloader
Nov 25, 2004
You've all convinced me to try the 260 gr. AccuBond for elk in my .375RUM. Has anyone used this combo and if so do you have any loads that shot real well?

We get great results in the lab with H4831SC

This is a thumper of a round. Everything I have seen hit with it drops like a ton of bricks.

Try 99-100 grains of IMR 7828. We got great results in my friend's RUM and velocities very very close to 3000 fps. This was a max load so work up.

Thanks for the info. I,ll start building from there. I'll let you know what I come up with. :grin:

The load I ended up with is a little hot , by 1 Grain, but I've checked for Case swelling, primer flattening, extraction and wiping of the case head and have seen no pressure signs. This is in my rifle and I moved up very slowly to my load. It prints .62 In. at 100 yards and I tried 200 yds with 3 shots, two of which touched and one was 1.25 approx Inch from the others. Rem/Peters brass (new) CCI250 LRM primers. 97 Gr. of IMR 4350. 260 Gr. Nos/AB slight crimp at cannilure. 3096 FPS average of 10 shots. Extreme spread 3089 to 3102 FPS. I'm ready for elk!!! I did change scopes to a Burris 4.5 x 14 with the Ballistic plex. It makes long range shots easier with the mil-dot type lines. Also, the longer Swarovski 6x18 tried to carve a notch in my eyebrow..Problem solved now. I hope your loads work out as well or better..I don't shoot for competition accuracy with THESE rifles, just good enough that I can be confident that a miss out to 500 yards is either my or the wind's fault. You know about aim small miss small, with elk it's big target miss big excuse called for!! Good Hunting!D :grin:

Back