50th anniversary

noslerpartition

Handloader
May 26, 2018
In two years and two weeks I will be 50 and I am thinking about a gift to myself
From the material side, I am pleased with what I have. Not rich by far, but doing all right.
New gun? Honestly - no need.

What I am looking for is a special memory.
Europe is s rather crowded. There are some places like Scandinavia and some places in the east that might do.

I would like to have my sons and (by then) wife with me. Spend some time away from civilization, doing what I love.
I shoot bows for close to 30 years now, but bowhunhing is illegal here. So going somewhere it ain't would be great. Wouldn't mind bringing the rifle either.
I love the videos of northern America, where you are the only human for lots of miles. But up to now, I am a meat hunter. Not sure if that iiright for me, leaving the meat behind.
Maybe fishing?

As you might have gained from that, I am totally at the beginning and would love some input. And yes - definitely on your side of the big pond, too!
Going to Africa just armed with a Canara is on the list, too

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

There is lots of room to hunt throughout Canada. And I should imagine that Alaska would be great, as well. However, the several jurisdictions require that you book a guided hunt. That would need to be taken into consideration. And I should imagine that booking early would be a necessity. Hope to see you get the opportunity to stalk some North American game.

DrMike
Thants why I open the thread two years in advance!
I am sure it requires a lot of planning.
So - here I am planning

No doubt you can have an exciting hunt here in NA--moose, elk, mountain goat, several species of mountain sheep, black bear, grizzly bear, mountain lion, whitetail deer, mule deer, and tons of smaller game. Many of the states in the Lower 48 have some fine hunts for various deer species, mountain lions, black bear, hogs, etc.

There are many places that accept the donation of wild game meat. So though you wouldn't be able to take it home with you, it would still be used. You'd be providing for others.

Consider taking quite a bit of time for your trip. I've enjoyed my 3 - 4 week trips.

Regards, Guy

Many German's come up here where I live to go fishing so I would consider adding that to your list. No guide needed for that and those of us here could give you some advice. Northern B.C, the Yukon or Alaska would be the most logical place to come for fishing/hunting. When I was a hunting guide a fellow from Switzerland took home his meat from the mountain goat he took so it is possible to do so, at least a few years ago. If not your outfitter will be able to arrange to give the meat to someone since it is very common for people from overseas not to take it home.

Any idea what you wish to hunt for?

Ok.
You got my mouth watering.
If I take my boys with me two weeks will be max due to school holidays.
I actually would like to take my bow, since I can't use it here.
By then my boys will be 16 and almost 18. So they could bring theirs, too.
I would really like it to be a family event

gerry":1nx80nc3 said:
Many German's come up here where I live to go fishing so I would consider adding that to your list. No guide needed for that and those of us here could give you some advice. Northern B.C, the Yukon or Alaska would be the most logical place to come for fishing/hunting. When I was a hunting guide a fellow from Switzerland took home his meat from the mountain goat he took so it is possible to do so, at least a few years ago. If not your outfitter will be able to arrange to give the meat to someone since it is very common for people from overseas not to take it home.

Any idea what you wish to hunt for?
Aktuelly no idea what I want to hunt.
If we take the bows I would be happy with rabbits. I am not allowed to do it here.

But deer would be cool.
I would definitely practice more with a goal

Deer would be good for a fall hunt. You may wish to consider a hunt for black bears in May in B.C. or southern Alaska. Numerous bears and it would be perfect for a bow hunt. We spot and stalk them here and it's very possible to be able to stalk them and get within bow range. Just a thought.

O took more than a hundred hooved game and another 200 pawd or winged, but never more than 5 miles from the next building.
Probably less.
I would like to hunt the wilds. Stalking, walking miles just to see game. Or just enjoying the scenery.
Hard to find here

I find Artic Char the tastiest fish I have ever had. If it’s on a menu, I always order it. It would be worth a trip... and better yet if you can combine it with other fish or game you’d have a plan.

Salmon Chaser guides on a river wi Rainbow Trout reaching 33” (0.8 meters). Check out some of his threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back