7mm Rem Mag Finished

You did good Joe. Before it was a good utility rifle and now it's turned into a classic. Either way it's yours and you are the one who needs to be satisfied. Now go scratch it up hunting, lol. Dan
Thats the plan Dan. Those marks acquired while in the woods add the value of memories. I don’t fret over those little marks. I don’t neglect my rifles but if you hunt with them it will happen.
I have a Remington 870 that I bought new in ‘95 that I’m going to finish with this same Durablue. It’s taken many many pheasant, rabbit, and a couple turkeys with the field barrel. As well as 8 deer with the rifled slug barrel. The wood is still in great shape but the blueing is well worn.

Last edited:
Looks great! I'm also looking at the Prairie Hunter for my Tikka
Glad you got what you wanted
I had them fit a Pachmeyer Decelerator to the butt, and their standard LOP fits me nicely. I also really like the slim wrist in the grip area. I dislike a fat stock in the grip. I think they offer quality gunstocks.

I had them fit a Pachmeyer Decelerator to the butt, and their standard LOP fits me nicely. I also really like the slim wrist in the grip area. I dislike a fat stock in the grip. I think they offer quality gunstocks.
I had their heritage for a M77 mkII before and I loved it. I'll get a shorter LOP when I eventually do get one. The gun I have it on has a thick grip and that's why I don't like it, I so understand.

I had their heritage for a M77 mkII before and I loved it. I'll get a shorter LOP when I eventually do get one. The gun I have it on has a thick grip and that's why I don't like it, I so understand.
That’s the biggest complaint I have with most composite stocks manufacturers use. The grip feels too beefy and thick.

After a trip to the range on Saturday for the first firing after her facelift. I dug out the Devcon, blue painters tape, and exact-o knife to bed the action. Turned out just as it should. Nice and snug with no sign it was bedded when you look at the rifle. I’ll see if it improved groups next weekend. It was a sub moa rifle so I guess it was more for my piece of mind than anything else.

The final touch is on the way. I bought a Timney trigger upgrading the factory trigger. This rifle got out of hand rather quickly. Don’t get me wrong it’s the most accurate rifle I own and I love it, but the only thing I haven’t upgraded is the receiver and serial number. But damn she’s pretty, and a shooter to boot. I was going to give it to my son but he passed unexpectedly while on active duty Aug 7th. I suppose I’ll keep it as my own and save it for my grandson when he’s old enough. I must admit I’m feeling very lost right now.

The final touch is on the way. I bought a Timney trigger upgrading the factory trigger. This rifle got out of hand rather quickly. Don’t get me wrong it’s the most accurate rifle I own and I love it, but the only thing I haven’t upgraded is the receiver and serial number. But damn she’s pretty, and a shooter to boot. I was going to give it to my son but he passed unexpectedly while on active duty Aug 7th. I suppose I’ll keep it as my own and save it for my grandson when he’s old enough. I must admit I’m feeling very lost right now.
Joec- I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I cant even imagine..... Saving it for a grandson sounds like a good plan for now. I pray for healing, hope and direction for you. I shoot Dads rifle occasionally just as a way to honor him, and I try and do it with friends around so I can tell a good story or two. CL

I was going to give it to my son but he passed unexpectedly while on active duty Aug 7th. I suppose I’ll keep it as my own and save it for my grandson when he’s old enough. I must admit I’m feeling very lost right now.

Oh my goodness! I'd be lost too. Heartfelt condolences.

Guy

Joe,

What a blow to you and your family to lose a son. I do pray that you receive the comfort of the God Who loves you and Who watches over those who serve our great nation. I am deeply touched to hear of this, knowing something of the loss you now experience.

Thank you all so very much. I‘m also sorry to bring the mood of the forum down. It just came out as I was typing.

Sorry to hear about your loss Joe. I also lost a son so I know how hard it is and what you all are going through. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Keep each other close. Ever need or want to talk I'd be up for that.

6mm Remington
David

Back