8mm 200 TSX

OU812

Handloader
Apr 18, 2006
Here are some pictures of a recovered TSX at 200 yards after punching through a branch and into an elks neck. Muzzle velocity was 2985.

Attachments

• TSXbulletelk 001.jpg
    TSXbulletelk 001.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 4,106
  • TSXbulletelk 003.jpg
    TSXbulletelk 003.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 4,106
  • TSXbulletelk 004.jpg
    TSXbulletelk 004.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 4,105
  • TSXbulletelk 002.jpg
    TSXbulletelk 002.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 4,106
Definitely a tough bullet that performed superbly given the circumstances. As an aside, was the elk you showed us still fat, or was he still recovering from the rut?

DrMike":fev8xd27 said:
Definitely a tough bullet that performed superbly given the circumstances. As an aside, was the elk you showed us still fat, or was he still recovering from the rut?

He was recovering but looked to be doing so very well. They have good feed in the area.

Bullet looks pretty good to me. That seems like a very tough combo! Scotty

That bullet looks nice. Tough to catch one in an animal.

JD338

Used the same bullet on Georgia hog this past January. No bullet recovered there. I was anticipating some size "XL" hogs at distances up to 275 yards or so and had the 200gr TSX loads in my BLR/.325. The actual size was closer to a "S", the size I like to refer to as a ham sammich...lol. It worked just fine, BTW.

All these 8mm posts are not good for me... I am fighting with all I have as it is!

Give in to the force, Scotty. Come over to the dark (?) side.

Scotty doing the right thing isn't easy but it's always right. Do the right thing and buy the 8mm mag.

Bill

bullet":2ecv6nek said:
Bill, thanks for the pictures, yes that is a tough bullet.

Tough it is Mike but as we spoke not the reaction I'm looking for.

Bill

Tell ya what Scotty. Send me your GB login info and I'll bid on the rifle for ya. It's the least I could do for a friend. I'll be waiting. :lol:

Bill

OU812":2fproys7 said:
Tell ya what Scotty. Send me your GB login info and I'll bid on the rifle for ya. It's the least I could do for a friend. I'll be waiting. :lol:

Bill

Bill,

You are all heart! :grin:

Scotty,

Jump on it buddy! You NEED A 8mm Rem Mag.

JD338

As I've often said, the magnanimity of those posting on this forum is simply overwhelming. That Bill! What a generous soul.

There is alot of heart around here.. I can't say enough of how helpful you all are!

SJB358":dwhtvk2l said:
There is alot of heart around here.. I can't say enough of how helpful you all are!

If a picture is worth a thousand words just think how many words an actual rifle in hand would be worth?

Something must be wrong with my email cause I have yet to see your GB login info, but I'll keep checking.

Bill

JD338":3vyf3f2w said:
OU812":3vyf3f2w said:

Bill

Bill,

You are all heart! :grin:

Scotty,

Jump on it buddy! You NEED A 8mm Rem Mag.

JD338

I have my moments Jim. :mrgreen:

Back