9.3x62, 250 AB on Brown Bear

GSSP

Beginner
Aug 11, 2005
Simple, would the Nosler experts use the 250 AccuBond in the 9.3x62, approximately 2500-2600 fps, on Brown Bear?

If not, then what bullet and why?

I would stick with the 286gr Partition. I have been extremely pleased with its performance on moose and can only imagine it would work equally well on bear. The 250gr AccuBond would be a good deer/carabou bullet and probably work fine on griz and black bear but when critters get to that 800+ pound range the heavier bullet is worth the look.

The only bullet I have found lacking has been the 270gr speer. I'm sure it would work fine for deer/black bear/hogs but its too soft for larger animals. I shot a moose in the neck at 15 yards with one at 2500fps and it didn't even exit, completely came apart in the neck bones.

The 286gr Partition is definately my one bullet choice for the 9.3x62, especially with ramshot big game @ 2500fps or H4350 @ 2400fps.

I shot my last moose at 280 yards with my 9.3x62 scout, with only 11" drop at 300 yards it was easy to place my shot into the generous vital zone on a moose. Broke a shoudler going in and 1" exit wound on back side, complete devestation in between. Took a couple of steps and crumpled.

Bear,

What's your load with the Big Game propellant and the Nosler 286 Part?

Picked up 5 boxes of 286 gr Part's and 1 lb of Big Game. Placed an order w/ Graff's this am for all the stuff necessary to load up, clean up, scope up and carry the whole kitten-ka-boodle to Alaska. Now, just need to buy the rifle.

Talke about puttin the cart before the horse! :lol:

Back