About to lose me as customer:(

MikeH

Beginner
Feb 7, 2022
Producing the best ammo means nothing if you can't get it. I will be elk hunting this year in CO with new rifle and scope. 165 gr AccuBond has been out of stock for months while other manufacturers are slowly catching up to demand. I need to shoot a bit at different ranges to feel secure in my shot--I can't do that if I'm forced to horde my ammo for fear of not being able to replace it. Again, being the best means nothing if you can't get your hands on it. I will wait a bit longer and then I will switch to a different brand (lots of quality ones out there). Really no excuses for being out of stock for this long. I'm loyal but once I'm gone, I'm gone for good.

Producing the best ammo means nothing if you can't get it. I will be elk hunting this year in CO with new rifle and scope. 165 gr AccuBond has been out of stock for months while other manufacturers are slowly catching up to demand. I need to shoot a bit at different ranges to feel secure in my shot--I can't do that if I'm forced to horde my ammo for fear of not being able to replace it. Again, being the best means nothing if you can't get your hands on it. I will wait a bit longer and then I will switch to a different brand (lots of quality ones out there). Really no excuses for being out of stock for this long. I'm loyal but once I'm gone, I'm gone for good.
What exactly are you looking for?
Brand? Caliber?

JD338

What I have learned from the pass is once I find a good load I will get 500 to keep on hand.
Thank you for the response. Even if I wanted to spend close to 2000.00 dollars on 500 rounds of hunting ammo (which I would never be able to go through) I could not find that much--anywhere. At best sales are being limited to 3 boxes from any one purchaser. So instead of 500 rounds I would settle for a box or two. Again WHICH I CAN'T GET.

Again thank you. I will give it another month and then I will be "forced" to go with another brand while their supplies last.

You'd probably be happier elsewhere. Ammo and components are just tough to come by right now. I'm only shooting because I had a decent stash of ammo and components before this current shortage hit. We seem to get a shortage every few years. Bummer. Glad that I laid in a good supply of components some time ago, and am sad that you don't have the necessary supplies. :(

But, things are improving. I see more and more components back in stock. Have patience, perhaps what you seek will be available in the next few months.

Regards, Guy

Cat and I have been on the road since December 1! Had a great trip, arrived home Friday. Walked into my local gun shop yesterday to arrange for shipment of a SxS I found along the way. They actually had a good, not complete, selection of brass. Said they had just started getting supplies in.
As to the original post, I’ll check next Wednesday or Thursday. Like Guy I laid in a good supply before the horders got it all.

Sir, with all due respect what are you expecting Nosler to do because you can't find your preferred ammo. There's thousands of people in the same predicament as you. I'm sure Nosler doesn't want to lose your business but if you can't get your preferred ammo then there's nothing else left to do except find another brand. Good luck on your hunt.

I am in a similar situation with a couple of calibers, the 270 WSM 140 grain Accubonds and 300 Win Mag 180 grain Accubonds. I see the 190 grain Long Range Accubonds often yet not the 180's which is what I shoot. I understand market conditions have changed but there are not any ammunition or bullets for reloading to be found . I and my rifles love the ammunition noted above but if Nosler cannot supply them one else to try other brands and work to get to a similar result. Hornady everywhere, Nosler nowhere. Hard to understand.

You're in luck, act fast.

I have never worked with a blemished bullet, what is the issue with them? What is the blemish, does a bullet with blemish have the same level of accuracy as a factory (no blemish) bullet? I understand that they are discounted for a reason but price was not the issue for me access to the ammunition or bullets. Any insight would be appreciated.

I have never worked with a blemished bullet, what is the issue with them? What is the blemish, does a bullet with blemish have the same level of accuracy as a factory (no blemish) bullet? I understand that they are discounted for a reason but price was not the issue for me access to the ammunition or bullets. Any insight would be appreciated.
the blemished bullets are cosmetic blemishes . they will shoot , and perform just as factory first bullets . I shoot and hunt with them . I usually can't tell them from firsts .

Back