Accuracy Potential??

Aw now... With a .303??? :wink:

He's a whole lot better match shooter than I am - but even the mighty David Tubb has been beaten every now and again.

No kidding though - about the shooter being the key - most rifles shoot well enough - it's the fellow driving the rifle that makes the difference. I've seen some mighty fine equipment on the firing line beaten by some sharp-eyed competitor with either an old match rifle or a new factory-built varminter. Pretty amazing when a $500 rifle beats a $2500 custom rig, but it happens. Particularly in something like highpower where the rifleman actually has to support the rifle himself instead of resting it on something.

"Tactical" competitions are another arena where the shooter's skill is far more important than the inherent accuracy of the rifle. Too many variables. A solid 3/4 MOA rifle in the hands of a gee-whiz shooter will beat a 1/4 MOA rifle in the hands of a mediocre shooter every time.

Thanks for bringing it up! And no... I won't bet my pink slip against David Tubb, even if he is shooting that beat-up old .303 Enfield! :grin: Guy

Back