Almost Springbok slam

Divernhunter

Handloader
Apr 1, 2009
Well I almost did a Springbok slam but did not finish it.
Two reasons---First the copper is too much money and Two it looks too much like a Common Springbok to me to pay the amount wanted for it.
I do not NEED a slam anyway. I got the Common, Black and White which are the ones I like anyway.

Attachments

• Black Springbok.JPG
    Black Springbok.JPG
    347.7 KB · Views: 1,936
  • Common Springbok.JPG
    Common Springbok.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 1,936
  • White Springbok.JPG
    White Springbok.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 1,936

Divernhunter

Handloader
Apr 1, 2009
Here is a Common Springbok I took on my 2013 trip with the same people---Iliwa Safaris---and I highly recommend them.
Photos of it in the field and on the wall

Attachments

• DSC_0203.JPG
    DSC_0203.JPG
    204.7 KB · Views: 1,933
  • Africa trip 848.jpg
    Africa trip 848.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,933

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
Congratulations. Good looking trio. That is still an accomplishment you can be proud to have earned.

sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
They are beautiful, I can only dream of a hunt like that :wink:. I am sure looking forward to Gil and Susan's upcoming hunt. I know that Gil will be taking lots of photos and will have a number of good hunting tales(y).

Blessings,
Dan

Divernhunter

Handloader
Apr 1, 2009
Thank you for the kind words. Yes spending a month in South Africa was great and I will always remember the hunting as well as the other stuff I did and saw. The rugby game was fun and I enjoyed the game auction we went to also for example.
Measured the Black Springbok yesterday and it looks like it will be SCI Gold #30. I am a happy camper. I do not hunt for book animals. I hunt for ones I like to look at especially on my wall and in photos. However it is nice when they look good and make book.