Am I the only one who can't wait to see if I drew any hunts?

I wish I was waiting on results, unfortunately they're already in and for the second year we failed to draw mule deer tags in our favorite spot in New Mexico.

I bottomed out on Elk but still waiting to see if I drew for antelope which should be showing up this week win or lose.

Our draw closes on May 25th & I then have to waiting until 2nd week of June :shock:. Reading of all our forum brothers & sisters getting drawn is great but it is killing me not knowing about my own :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

Deadline for submitting LEH applications is Friday, May 27. The draw is sometime after that. Usually, we know by late June what the results of the draw will be. I'll be patient. I promise. I won't check the MoE, FW web site every day. I promise. Pinkie promise.

I had great hopes in January when I entered for a lot of tags, but recent events led me to pull every app except one. My only thought now is, what if things happen one way and I need to get away... Filling a tag would be good. If things happen the other way, things could be better for subsequent years. It's a gamble and I could always go camping and shoot pop cans.

I'm actually feeling really patient this year.

Applied for tags in Washington and Wyoming, but... even if nothing is drawn, I've got some real good over-the-counter hunts coming up.

Yeah, I'm okay if I don't draw a doggone thing.

Guy

Or closed the 15th & results are usually 2nd week of june. I put in for cow elk, muzzleloading deer, and antelope

I got the bad News from my Credit Card Co. with a credit on my card from New Mexico. Well no Aoudad this year.
I still plan on hunting South Dakota for West River Deer. I would love to sneak up to MT for Mule Deer but it's my Best Friends call this year as to where and when we are going hunting.

I'm not thinking one bit about WY Antelope, MI Elk, or MI Bear.

JD338

DrMike, I hope that the Moose in your hunting area this season do not go nocturnal before the opening day :wink:.
Do you know if the wolf populations is still high in that area as well?

Blessings,
Dan

I'm just waiting to apply. Our deadline here is June 5th, the deadline for UT cow elk is June 16th, and AZ Coues deer is June 14th. I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to put in for UT and AZ. Here in ID I'll be putting in for bull elk, extra elk, buck muledeer, extra deer, and doe antelope. The odds for bull elk and buck muledeer aren't great but I can always get a OTC tag for those.

I'm waiting on results on my Colorado Elk tag. Not due till June 1st. Applied for a cow tag. If not drawn I may just get across counter bull tag then. Yes the waiting game is on!!

Don

Alberta is brutal . Our draws are not available till first week of June , closed third week of June and you can wait till mid July for results . August for Mountain goat and speed goat ( antelope) .
Our draw system here is decent with a priority system, but the timing and processing the draws is the biggest joke in all of NA .
The ESRD has all sorts of excuses, game herd / winter kill numbers can't be tallied in a short period of time. I guess with the budget they have Roman Numerals get complicated.

But I can live vicariously thru the rest of ya, getting results before ours even hits the website.

Hey, super-7, I wish SASK had your draw system at least you have a good idea if you are getting drawn based on how many points you have. With the system we have in place there is a chance one could put in his/her entire life and never draw. If you are lucky our system is good if not its horrible. I know an individual who has been applying for moose for 22 years no luck and yet there are some who can get a moose tag every 4 years.I don't think that's the best way to share a public resource. But you can bet I can't wait for the results to come out. I am in the top pool Super A for either sex Moose,either sex Elk, either sex Mule Deer,Antelope and antlerless Mule Deer. There is a chance I could draw all 5 species. I would be more than happy with just 1 draw tag but to increase my odds of getting a tag of some sort I am forced to put in for all species. I have a bear tag and will buy a whitetail tag in fall so its not like I can't get out.I will have 11 priority points in Alberta this year for one of the 2 Canadian non resident trophy Big horn sheep tags they draw for.Slowly getting there. I have also built up 10 bonus points in Utah for the limited entry elk hunt.Good luck to all.

Back