Any matches this weekend?

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Anyone else shoot any matches this weekend?

Our club had a 600 yard prone match. Only three of us were shooting conventional prone with sling. One with a scope-equipped 6mmBR, myself and another shooter had "iron" sight bolt-action .308 match rifles.

Everyone else went F-class! Most used serious match rifles and rests, a couple of guys had "tactical" style bolt guns and a couple of guys showed up with their deer rifles on bipods. It was a blast! :grin:

Rained the first part of the day. Then the fog rolled in. A very slight breeze came and went, shifting about. Tricky devil...

I managed a 197, 191 (ugh) and a 196 - have forgotten the exact X-count, will have it when the official results are posted. Thought I shot fairly well, but one fellow shot perfect 200's and another ended up with a 598-39x or something like that... Not half bad for conventional prone, but it left me sucking up last place with my mere 584... Sheesh... :roll:

The F-class guys get a seriously tough target now - less than 1/2 MOA for the X-ring, and about MOA for the 10-ring... Despite that, some serious scores were turned in... I'm absolutely amazed at the accuracy of these serious F-class competitors... That said, I do prefer shooting conventional prone - even if I'm not winning in the "High Master" class...

I know it's still hunting season in many areas - but has anyone else been shooting any matches lately?

Regards, Guy

Well, now I'm really bummed I couldn't make it to the match!!!(I e mailed you a little while ago.)I'm hopeing to get going for the 07 season now.& I may try to get to the practise @ Machias next week if I can get over my last meeting with those guys.Sorry to hear you didn't like your results. :roll: Sounds like I'm going to have to put in some more practise before I get started so I don't embarrass myself. :oops: I haven't fired my match rifle for several months now.Glad to hear everyone had fun thoe. :grin:

Back