anyone have a nosler 48

hofts

Beginner
Mar 12, 2006
just curious if anyone has the new model 48 in 270 or 325wsm. and how do ya like it.
thanks

I just bought a like new JC Higgins M50 in 270 for $280. I much prefer the JC Higgins. They made quite a few of them. Now there is a deal.

sister gun
pix2585825924.jpg

The Nosler model 48's have been selling very well. We have about a nine month backorder list, but I think that we are finally turning the corner.
We are getting the rifles built faster each day while maintaining quality. I am curious to know what everyone thinks of the Model 48 rifle also.

Someone on this forum must own a Nosler Model 48 rifle, right? I know we have shipped quite a few.

I've got one in 325WSM, but haven't shot it yet. It's my 2nd 325. I like the feel & quality of the 48, but only accurate rifles are interesting as Col. Whelen observed, so I'll withhold judgment til I get to the range. I have my old 325's ammo still loaded (Nosler 200 PTs) so I'll have a good idea of the 48's accuracy vs. my last one (a Kimber MT).

I got the Nosler M48 in 270 WSM, for a retirement gift from the wife, got it mainly for sheep and goat hunts in Alaska, got mine topped with a Leupold Vari-X-III in 2.5 x 8. This rifle is very light and shoots real sweeeeet!!!! I am currently experiencing with various types/brands of ammo, theres so many out there, but really need to settle on one specific type for consistency, I own a few rifles, but this is by far my favorite!!!!...K

Back