Back in Business!

EOD Diver

Handloader
Dec 30, 2011
After a three year hiatus, I'm happy to say that I'm getting back in the game!

V/R,
Joe

Attachments

• IMG_6543.JPG
    IMG_6543.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,025
Nice to see, so what kept you away in the first place if I may ask? I miss more than a few posts, so just wondering why Joe?

You are, indeed, gathering the necessary accoutrements for building some quality hand loads. Good show, Joe. (y)

Very nice Joe, glad you’re back and getting ready for the big hunt.

I think you’ll like RL26. It’s been really good for me.

Thanks guys! After being stationed in Germany for three years , it's great to be getting back in the game. As luck would have it, my powder and primers were back in NM when my reloading equipment was delivered to FL. I've been seeing all the development you guys have made with RL26 and it's usually at the top of the heap for velocity with QL, so I figured it'd be a great place to start.
I have to laugh at myself for some of my older posts before leaving blaming bad brass or primers. When you add it all up, it seems fairly obvious now that my primer tool bit the dust a long way back. Anyway, I wound up going with a Frankfort tool because of its all metal construction and adjustability. It also comes with a ton of shell holders and was priced comparably to others on the market.
I've got the 270 and 280ai here with me and we've got a little 243 with us that needs some load development too. We've got 150 ABLRs for both the 270 and 280ai and 90 grain ABs for the 243. More to follow!
V/R,
Joe

You’d better find an 8lb’er of 26 Joe. That stuff will work for all three of the.

Welcome back! (y)

I don't think most people understand how difficult it can be to do much, if any, handloading, recreational shooting, or hunting while on active duty.

There are opportunities, but... There are also many times when none of those are even possible.

Welcome back!

Guy

Thank you guys. I'm excited to get back on the horse and get outside hunting with the kiddos. It was 38 degrees this morning where we're from and plan to hunt and 76 where we're at now. I'm really looking forward to some cooler weather and there's only one more week until we head back home for our elk hunt!
V/R,
Joe

Back