Beretta 96A1

Vince2

Handloader
Jan 21, 2022
Just ordered a Beretta 96A1 off Gunbroker.

I’ll post pictures when I pick it up. Sold a bunch of 40 S&W ammo I had taking up space and still have half a pallet.

Decided I wanted to give the DA/SA a real go and learn it. Might be an older action mechanism but I still prefer my guns to be made of steel. Also looking for a S&W 4013 single stack third generation.

When I run out of bullets I want to be able to beat a miscreant about the head and shoulders if I need to.

I’ll probably sell some 45 ACP 230 grain +P ammo next. Got a fair bit of it sitting around.

Vince

It looks like it arrived earlier than predicted.

USPS said Saturday but it’s out for delivery today on Thursday. I’ll probably pick it up Monday.

Vince

The local gun emporium called it looks like I’ll be making the trip to the bigger town to pick it up either Sunday or Tuesday.

Getting really excited. I’m all atwitter and can hardly contain myself.

Vince

Now I’m waiting for the three magazines and AIWB holster I ordered.

I hear these are very nice to shoot. I don't own my own hand gun yet, but the Beretta 92 is on my short list of possible hand guns I would buy. I think I might prefer the CZ 75 though. If I ever get the chance to shoot both, it would probably make my choice easy, but I don't know if I will get that chance.

Let us know how it performs!

I should imagine that most of us purchase a handgun more on the strength of recommendations from people we respect and from well-written reviews. Fortunate is the individual who has opportunity to actually shoot a variety of handguns before making the investment. One reason people own more than one handgun is that they purchase a handgun and work with it. Then, with experience, they formulate the criteria for what would make the ideal handgun. The downside of this is that our experience is constantly evolving, and thus we wind up with multiple handguns.

I should imagine that most of us purchase a handgun more on the strength of recommendations from people we respect and from well-written reviews. Fortunate is the individual who has opportunity to actually shoot a variety of handguns before making the investment. One reason people own more than one handgun is that they purchase a handgun and work with it. Then, with experience, they formulate the criteria for what would make the ideal handgun. The downside of this is that our experience is constantly evolving, and thus we wind up with multiple handguns.
I disagree. There is no downside :LOL:

I’ll type up a review after I go through the break in process.
That’s 500 rounds without cleaning or oiling. Has to be without a malfunction otherwise I fix what caused the malfunction and start over at round number one.

Vince

I hear these are very nice to shoot. I don't own my own hand gun yet, but the Beretta 92 is on my short list of possible hand guns I would buy. I think I might prefer the CZ 75 though. If I ever get the chance to shoot both, it would probably make my choice easy, but I don't know if I will get that chance.

Let us know how it performs!
Having shot both my hands like the 92 better.

I don’t have big hands but found the trigger easier to reach on the Beretta. Also, I had to shift my grip to operate the 75B thumb safety.

The best feeling double stack, in my hands, has always been the Hi Power.

Vince

Got my AIWB Holster from Hidden Hybrid yesterday.

Hides very well with my casual dress. Jeans and baggy T-shirt makes the gun pretty easy to hide. Also put in a metal guide rod and a Wilson Short Reach Trigger.

Vince

Back