Bighorn Ram

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Went bird hunting this morning. Didn't take any birds, but I'm awfully glad that I brought my camera along:

7WaI6Qth.jpg

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Great picture Guy!
How far away were you for that picture?

JD338

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
JD338":2iobj7zp said:
Great picture Guy!
How far away were you for that picture?

JD338

Kinda guessing here, maybe 20 yards?

Guy

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Rednek rampager":2flcvg0a said:
Fantastic picture. I’m surprised it let you get that close .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I sat very still, the small herd of bighorns walked right to me because I happened to be in their line of travel. Very lucky. They didn't mind me sitting there quietly.

Guy

diverdown

Handloader
Apr 29, 2015
The only thing I can say to that photo is "WOW". You have definitely picked up a pleasing 2nd line of work!!!!!!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Thanks all. I enjoy the photography a lot. Great excuse to spend time outdoors!

Guy

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
What a lucky moment! Not to minimize your skill at all..... Bet that one was fun! CL

BruceP

Beginner
Jun 22, 2017
That's awesome Guy. That is one of the animals I would love to get a decent photo of. We don't seem to have too many here in Georgia and I have only see a very few when I happen to go where they live. Mountain goat is another but I have yet to get to see one of those.

Bruce

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
BruceP":13eh4t7b said:
That's awesome Guy. That is one of the animals I would love to get a decent photo of. We don't seem to have too many here in Georgia and I have only see a very few when I happen to go where they live. Mountain goat is another but I have yet to get to see one of those.

Bruce

I'm going to have to make more of an effort to photograph mountain goats... I've seen them, been fairly close a few times, but haven't taken a good photo of one yet.

The bighorns are actually pretty easy for me to photograph. Quite a few live within 25 miles of my home, and at some times of the year, like now, they're pretty easy to find. Sometimes too easy, a nice ram was hit by a car within the past couple of weeks. I'm sure he's one that I have photographed before. Phooey.

The bighorns also tend to be pretty good about letting me get close enough for good photos - UNLESS I have that danged crazy bird dog with me... Sigh... They don't like him much. Looks too much like a predator I'd guess.

I like this battered warrior, have seen him many times:
y8dVnKTl.jpg

Guy