'bout had to cry...

BK

Handloader
Dec 14, 2008
My dad has a buddy who wheels and deals guns. He's helping to clean up an estate of a guy who had a pretty big collection. If I would have been working, I woulda walked out of there with a pre-64 '06 (excuse me, a '.30 Govt '06')... maybe pre-war. A Whitworth .375 Mauser, an Interarms MK X 7x57 with a Mannlicher (3-9x40 Leupold Vari-X IIc) stock, a tang safety Ruger .25-06 (another 3-9x40 Leupold), a PF M70 Varmint .308 (yet another 3-9x40 Leupold), and maybe a Kriko (sp?) .223 with a 6x42 Swaro scope. I'm sure I could have got it all for $2k or under. Dang.

I have no recent tales of woe like that Kurt, but I can say that those chance-of-a-lifetime opportunities never seem to crop up in my world unless my checking account is depleted. Come to think of it, those kinds of deals should be popping up all around me just about now...

It's all to keep us humble, Kurt. I've watched several estates dispose of some awesome collections. Alas, I'm never in a position to divest myself of funds at that particular moment. A week later....

Yup,

know the feeling!

A local 29 long-gun sale next week and the wife goes into the hospital the same day.

So be it,

Kurt I don't know how you managed to maintain your composure in those circumstances. Iron will my friend!

Dang Kurt, give me a call if that happens again. Heck, I probably would have taken them all for $2k and let you have pick of the litter for free!

6mm Remington":1sgdn56q said:
Kurt I don't know how you managed to maintain your composure in those circumstances. Iron will my friend!

Bad times ahead for me financially, my friend! Need to find someplace to live, not to mention being unemployed for the last two months.

Forgot... there was a Sedgley Springfield there too...

BK":2km3f6hx said:
6mm Remington":2km3f6hx said:

Bad times ahead for me financially, my friend! Need to find someplace to live, not to mention being unemployed for the last two months.

That seems to be the univeral curse Kurt, everytime that I have had a sale opprtunity like that, my wife was pregnant or someone was graduating from something and on a few occasions, I was also out of work. That is the life involved with having (5) children and I guess life in general..

Kurt,

There will be more sales.
Keep the faith buddy, it will all work out.

JD338

tddeangelo":2x9tm3nq said:
BK":2x9tm3nq said:
Forgot... there was a Sedgley Springfield there too...

A bunch of M70's and a Sedgley.........ouch......that just hurts! :(

Yeah, that Sedgley is one awesome rifle I bet. I am still booting myself as there was a guy at the Nations's Gun Show a few years back, had a bunch of his pop's rifles. One was a Sedgely 338-06 for 500 and it was beautiful.. I had just enough money to get into the show! I wanted that rifle, but oh well...

Back