Can I fix a crushed shoulder?

ReloadKy

Handloader
May 13, 2020
So my brother has gotten into reloading. He has helped me some but never done it on his own. He loaded up some 6.5 creedmoor and sent me a text saying that he messed something up because the rounds would not chamber in his browning. Well he crushed the shoulder, badly...on 15 rounds! So I taught him how to pull the bullets to save bullets and powder but he and I both want him to try and salvage the brass as it is brand new Nosler. I took the decapping pin out of his full length sizing and we ran the brass through the die. It helped but the shoulder is still not where it needs to be.
My question, Is it possible to fire form the brass to fix the shoulder if it will chamber in his rifle?

Yes...no worries.

Ever get too much lube on the cases before sizing?

Anyone who has loaded any amount definitely has...
Case dents happen.

Shoot it.

No more dent.

And.....
It will chamber. Dents don't go outward.

That said what happened that so many were dented?

Yes...no worries.

Ever get too much lube on the cases before sizing?

Anyone who has loaded any amount definitely has...
Case dents happen.

Shoot it.

No more dent.

And.....
It will chamber. Dents don't go outward.

That said what happened that so many were dented?
I would say the seater die was screwed in to far over crimping the case. The rounds would still chamber if it were lube dents.

I thought we were talking about rotator cuff injuries and the like. The answer to both questions is yes. I just did the same thing failing to readjust my seating die on the 300 HH. Ran it through the fl resizing die and fire formed. Piece of cake.
wish the injuries to my shoulders had been as easy to recover from.

I saved this thread in my favorites . I haven't tried it , and probably would have never thought of doing this . it would be worth a try on expensive , or hard to find brass .

I saved this thread in my favorites . I haven't tried it , and probably would have never thought of doing this . it would be worth a try on expensive , or hard to find brass .

I’ve never thought to do that. I’ve been lucky enough to be able to run them back through the FL die.

I have a few 257 Weatherby that I crushed when I first started reloading. Didn’t have the crimp adjusted properly. I recently pulled the bullets and reclaimed the powder. Ran them through a full length resizer so now they fit in my #1. Going to put a reduced load in them with some bullets that didn’t group well for me and fire form the brass. This thread reminded me that I needed to do it.

Back