CZ 457 American

remingtonman_25_06

Handloader
Nov 17, 2005
Been wanting a nice 22 LR bolt gun for the range in between barrels cooling. Always liked the looks and accuracy of the CZs. Anyone here have on? It is pretty much a full size rifle with a 24" barrel. My local gun store has one for $450 and I'm super tempted to go pick it up before someone else does. He also has one in a 17 HMR, and that one is $500. Never been a huge fan of the 17 HMR, it's pretty spendy to shoot considering what you get with it. And since I already have a .223 for squirrels, I just feel like the cheap .22 LR is the sensible route to go. Stick a Leupold 22 BDC scope on it and I bet it will make 100 yard shots pretty easy. Thoughts???

Got the earlier version, 452 I think, in 17 HMR for my youngest son some years ago. It's been a terrific little rifle. Very accurate. Nicely made.

50 yard group, fired while sitting on a picnic bench using the bipod and a 3-9x Leupold:
SEumjFml.jpg

I think CZ has this whole rifle-building thing figured out real well. Oh, I got the young man 700 rounds of ammo for it, and I think we still have 500 of them left, nearly ten years later. He's not using it as much as I figured he would, but perhaps someday. It's a rifle built to last.

Guy

The 452 is the real good one!! They are super accurate and hard to find these days. I missed out on one at an auction last year to a lady by $10...I think they had it planned because I never seen her stick her card up or i wouldve kept bidding. Turns out she was part of the auction crew.

Those CZ rifles are a well made accurate rifle, I have a ultra lux and a full stock 452, you will
enjoy using it, if you buy one.

Mine's a LH 452 that I bought over 10 years ago and it ended my search for the perfect 22 lr rifle, very pleased with it and happy I bought one. A couple of friends have the 457 and have no complaints with their rifles. One of them is an avid grouse hunter and has head shot them out to 75 yards so it obviously is a great rifle.

I have the previous model (455). Mine is the SiCo version with threaded 17HMR and 22LR barrels. It is my favorite rimfire. It is very easy to change the barrels on these rifles to go between those calibers. Go with the 22 version and buy a 17 or 22mag barrel later on.

Back