Data Discrepancy 7PRC

Powerstroke

Handloader
Feb 24, 2006
CO archery season is about done this year and time to move on. I didn't have much time to work on loads last fall for the 7PRC and now that I have time, I'm seeing some concerning max load variances. Has this been typical since the inception of this round? I was provided quick load data last fall for 175gr EH and decided to use N570. That data provided shows a max load of 75.1 grains. From that data I started working up with the time I had and settled on 74.5gr which gave me (I'll call it half inch) groups.
Last night I was on Viht's page and looking at new data. The max load shows to be 69.8 grains for the N570/same bullet. I've seen variances in data in the past, but this one seems excessive? Thanks for any input......

I think a guy would drive himself crazy without a chronograph. Look at the variance with a 270 Win and 130 and H4831 for instance. Some max at 58 while some max out at 62. I think it’s literally a guide and you know what’s safe in your batch of components and rifle.

Good to see you around. Been awhile!

How does your velocity compare to their published data? Some brass manufactured today does hide pressure very well.

Back