Father & Son Matching turkey calls

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
A year or so ago I made these two matching turkey calls for a friend and his son in NE. They are Bocote wood with a copper scratch surface and a glass resonator inside..I thought the pics of them were lost forever when my old phone crashed, but I found copies of them today. These are two of my favorites that gave me separation anxiety when I had to ship them out..LOL..I think it's time to find a cool piece of wood and make one to ad to my collection, it's been way too long since I had the lathe spinning.

Attachments

• copper boco top.jpg
    copper boco top.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 341
  • copper bobo bottom.jpg
    copper bobo bottom.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 341
Also found another one from back when I thought I wanted to make a business out of turkey calls..That turned out to be more of a headache than anything, and stopped being enjoyable to me. So now I just make a few a year, free of charge, for friends and family...This is Ciricote wood a crystal scratch surface. I powder blasted 1/2 the crystal and etched a turkey track in the crystal.

Attachments

• crystal ciricote snip.JPG
    crystal ciricote snip.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 333
You certainly do beautiful work. I'm certain those who receive these are appreciative of your craftsmanship.

Thanks Mike..The best part is when they call and say they got a bird

Thanks guys...They all sound pretty good, but those copper calls really put out some fine hen sounds. Although they are not a beginner's call, but with some practice it comes together quickly.

truck driver":2wd53k8j said:
Hunter24605 I hope your high and dry after Florence blew threw.

Thanks...We had quite a bit of wind and rain, but avoided the gut punch it brought to NC...We are heading to the cabin this weekend to check on it..Back in August we noticed a couple of dead trees that should have been cut, but couldn't find the time to go back with a chainsaw. Guess we'll find out Saturday...Fingers crossed.

Back