Finally got my first Ruger #1

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
Well after keeping up with Guy's thread on his #1's. I finally decided to just go after it. Ive always thought the #1 were one of the best looking American rifles ever made, but sadly had never even handled one. So off to gunbroker I went and picked up a #1 tropical in 416 rem mag. I knew I wanted one of the tropicals, since I already have 416 bullets I decided that would be the most economical way to go. Brass arrives tomorrow, already have rcbs full length dies. Also CH4D neck sizing die. So far bullets on hand are couple boxes 300 gr TSX, and 350 gr TTSX. The 350 speer mag tips are for my 416 taylor improved. This will most likely be used as my nice weather greenfield gun. Ended up using 3-9 leupold, just always had good luck with leupold on heavy kickers. This weekend will start trying out some loads, hopefully will find something quick, this recoil pad is hard as a rock haha.

KUiRTlil.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

WOW!
She's a beauty.
Gotta love the .416.
I can't wait to show off my new Weatherby Mark V Stainless Synthetic Special in .300 Win Mag

Congratulations!

I believe the next rifle I get is going to be a .375, or maybe another .30-06! LOL

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

HAWKEYESATX":19a7skxz said:
WOW!
She's a beauty.
Gotta love the .416.
I can't wait to show off my new Weatherby Mark V Stainless Synthetic Special in .300 Win Mag

Congratulations!

I believe the next rifle I get is going to be a .375, or maybe another .30-06! LOL

Hawk

Thanks! I bet that mark v will be a looker for sure.

Cleveland48":3c9t5vyn said:
HAWKEYESATX":3c9t5vyn said:
WOW!
She's a beauty.
Gotta love the .416.

Congratulations!

Hawk

Thanks! I bet that mark v will be a looker for sure.

Well, She's a Stainless 2 tone, and has a black synthetic stock.
Probably not much to look at, but I hope she's a shooter.

Hawk

Beautiful #1. Congratulations! Show us how it shoots when you get familiar with it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":ucoiiux4 said:
Beautiful #1. Congratulations! Show us how it shoots when you get familiar with it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! Hopefully have so results this weekend to post

Wow! Kind of a situation of "Go Big or Go Home." That No. 1 will work, without a doubt.

DrMike":3rgfxir8 said:
Wow! Kind of a situation of "Go Big or Go Home." That No. 1 will work, without a doubt.
Thanks DrMike!

Fixed the picture for you.

Welcome to the madness. Beautiful and classy!

They are addictive and yes the classiest rifle ever in my opinion.

I have had 11 or 12 at one time.

Now I have 2 a #1S in 300 H&H Mag
and a #1B currently in surgery becoming a 25-06 AI with a 1:7 RPM barrel.

Great figure on the 25-06

kwZB9ZIm.jpg

DplWZFIm.jpg

imb4RfAm.jpg

QU7wTckm.jpg

The 300 H&H rather pales in comparison

wTWBxOGm.jpg

S74TkDtm.jpg

FOTIS":p6ug66ua said:
Fixed the picture for you.

Welcome to the madness. Beautiful and classy!

They are addictive and yes the classiest rifle ever in my opinion.

I have had 11 or 12 at one time.

Now I have 2 a #1S in 300 H&H Mag
and a #1B currently in surgery becoming a 25-06 AI with a 1:7 RPM barrel.

Great figure on the 25-06

kwZB9ZIm.jpg

DplWZFIm.jpg

imb4RfAm.jpg

QU7wTckm.jpg

The 300 H&H rather pales in comparison

wTWBxOGm.jpg

S74TkDtm.jpg
Man Fotis the stock on that one is gorgeous!

Thank you. You're gonna bust some whitetails with that 416?
I had great luck hunting antelope with my 416 Bee with 300 TSX bullets.

FOTIS":2mkuijz3 said:
Thank you. You're gonna bust some whitetails with that 416?
I had great luck hunting antelope with my 416 Bee with 300 TSX bullets.
Thats the plan! I have two boxes of 300 gr TSX. Just waiting on my brass to come in today. How has the tsx performed for you on antelope? Our whitetail bucks usually hit about 200lbs where I hunt, so I'm pretty confident the 300 gr tsx will expand. Looking at the data im gonna shoot for 2850 fps or so. RL15 is supposed to hit 2940 fps or so with that bullet, so I'm thinking about 100 fps less than that should be good enough. Gonna do velocity ladder tm so I can check for some pressure signs, velocity nodes.

DrMike":1lg979xw said:

Thats a FACT! Man, way to go Cleveland! Those bucks are in serious doo doo this year when you enter the woods.

That is a beautiful rifle!

SJB358":1eil4fpc said:
DrMike":1eil4fpc said:

Thats a FACT! Man, way to go Cleveland! Those bucks are in serious doo doo this year when you enter the woods.

Haha thanks man, gotta feeling its gonna be lively in the recoil department lol. Just seems like its gonna kick harder than my other 416. Definitely gonna be wearing my sissy shoulder pad for load development [emoji23]

Cleveland48":33ggqxk0 said:
SJB358":33ggqxk0 said:
DrMike":33ggqxk0 said:

Haha thanks man, gotta feeling its gonna be lively in the recoil department lol. Just seems like its gonna kick harder than my other 416. Definitely gonna be wearing my sissy shoulder pad for load development [emoji23]

For sure, no shame in wearing the pad, especially if you hope to make the required shot in the field. A flinch does nothing to enhance acccuracy.

Beautiful rifle. That 416 Rem is going to be awesome.
I think one day I will have a Ruger No 1 in 25-06. It would make for a sweet rifle for White Tail.

JD338

Back