Flooding topics to not be a beginner

wvbuckbuster

Handloader
Nov 5, 2015
Do I have to make a bunch of topics just to get off new beginner status when i wasn't one till yesterday? Dan.

this is the problem when the forum gets broken into small groups and labeled , pigeonholing . no one wants to be a beginner , or stay at the beginner status for long . a lot will make worthless post to get their post count up , so they too can have that really , really , really cool label , that comes from reaching the next level of stardom .

this is the problem when the forum gets broken into small groups and labeled , pigeonholing . no one wants to be a beginner , or stay at the beginner status for long . a lot will make worthless post to get their post count up , so they too can have that really , really , really cool label , that comes from reaching the next level of stardom .
Couldn't agree more Jim. I've kept my mouth shut because I don't really have anything in it other than being a posting member here.

Was not a fan of the new changes from the beginning. And that goes for whether I'm at the top of the heap, or the bottom of the pile. Makes no difference. I'M NOT A FAN. And wasn't from day one.

The whole world seems like it's pushing everyone to be put into groups and order of importance.

Can we just come on here and post about and have discussions back and forth about firearm related topics without any reference of being separated by scores and titles???? Following the lefts lead with what we see every day on the mainstream news and social media in general, doesn't seem like a very well thought out and wise policy for a forum such as this. But what do I know.

I'm going to try to figure it out guys.
Some of this was changed so that someone can't join and start out in the classified section. It's a layer of protection for everyone.

JD338

I may have missed it, but what are the levels beyond beginner?
Well I see you only have a like score of 5 Gerry. You must not have much to contribute to this forum. I hope you soon do some things to be of greater importance in life. I on the other hand have accumulated 15 times that amount just posting my normal things. I am of greater status than you for all to see. That makes me feel good. See how dumb this is???

I'm going to try to figure it out guys.
Some of this was changed so that someone can't join and start out in the classified section. It's a layer of protection for everyone.
'll
JD338
I understand Jim that there's probably things that come along with a pre-set model on setting up and running a website. If the scoring system is set up on a pre-set algorithm, I'm gonna request that I be put on, and remain on beginner status. I'll earn my respect from fellow members by what I post and my interactions. I want nothing to do with a social status symbol created by a machine. Means nothing to me and never will. I'm dead set against it for me personally. I'll gladly carry the beginner status as a badge of honor.

P.S. Jim, whatever the lowest status that allows me to post the same as I always have. Beginner, new member, member, whatever. If there is a setting where you can wipe out my score and block any score from being added when somebody gives a blue thumps up like response to my posts, I'll take that also. Would rather not be tempted to check my score. I'll gladly set at zero.

JD , I'm really not trying to cause a stink , this is just how I see it . I would have never said a thing , if it wasn't for Dan starting this thread , trying to figure out how to get his privileges back . the status really means nothing to me . I was going to ask for the same thing shadetree just ask for . if my " well known member " could be changed to " know nothing " and freeze all my numbers at 0 or 1 that would suit me fine . I really don't want to be entered in a contest . I'm afraid this contest will be a race to the bottom .

another forum I read some has an addition , GOLD and SILVER members . to be a GOLD you need to donate $50 per year . to be a SILVER you need to donate $25 per year . a few times a year someone will start a thread on badgering more guys to donate , and to get SILVERS to upgrade to GOLD . a non paying member has full access to the forum , except the classifieds . this has changed a few times , currently I think a non paying member gets 3 adds per year , paying members get unlimited adds per year . I still read there some, but I don't sign in . the classifieds have turned into a mess , the way I see it . examples would be ; not for sale to non paying members . gold and silver price $xx , non paying member price $xxx , or I'll take a check for paying members with same day shipping all others must pay by aaaa or bbb , and I'll hold the item until I'm sure the payment is solid . not all adds are like this , but I don't like seeing anyone being looked down upon . the snub happens in regular posts too , not just the classifieds .

I don't want to see this "I'm better than you" become a thing here .

I don’t get what these scores mean. My honest opinion is it is for the man bun crowd to give them a matching ego. You know (Me got bigger numbers of post and likes me better), that’s fine they still are as dumb as a box of rocks , no help to other forum members.

Hey folks I wasn't trying to start or cause problems just wanted to know what I had to do to be able to comment on things such as the classified. It wouldn't allow me, and I would have bought some bullets that were posted for sale. I am a nobody, nothing special guy who has enjoyed being allowed to be a part of this forum. Good group of people who share their knowledge with others and don't get their shorts in a wad. I noticed when I logged on a while ago, I am now well known. Whatever. Thanks for having me and keep sharing. Dan.

I'll go along with what Jim said..........not trying to cause trouble, just kinda irked me and grated me wrong from the beginning and I kept my mouth shut. Guess it was just the right time to speak my mind. Nothing personal against anybody. This is a fantastic site, want it to stay that way.

This is a great forum because of you fellas, along with a few ladies that chime in occasionally.
Don't worry about your status, post count or trophy score status. It doesn't matter.
Your status here is based on your character and not your post count.

JD338

This is a great forum because of you fellas, along with a few ladies that chime in occasionally.
Don't worry about your status, post count or trophy score status. It doesn't matter.
Your status here is based on your character and not your post count.

JD338
Agree 100%

Back