For you 35 Whelan Aficionados...

maverick2":1ujyqri4 said:
Ran across an older Ruger M77 in a 35 Whelan for sale on another site I frequent, and immediately thought of those of you here that have the 35 Whelan sickness. Ad says very little use, and the pix look like it. Anyone needing to feed their addiction can check it out at:

http://www.trapshooters.com/threads/rug ... rs.241699/

What? You don't have the sickness yet? When it finally catches up to you, it will be something. It is a nice looking rifle. I'm not certain I'd pay that much for it, however.

I really do like those old Rugers. This one especially since it has iron sights. Perfect for dark timber elk country.

That rifle is slick.

pre6422hornet":2tlqz2w3 said:
I really do like those old Rugers. This one especially since it has iron sights. Perfect for dark timber elk country.

That rifle is slick.

Not positive but I think all the Rugers in .35 Whelen came with iron sights. Mine did. I put mine in a Ramline stock and use it as a bad weather gun.
Paul B.

That is a very nice looking rifle! I am sure that someone will pick it up and finally get the Whelen feeling :mrgreen:!!
Thank you for posting.

Blessings,
Dan

Paul,

The limited run of 35 Whelens offered in the Hawkeye a few years back had no sights. Well, at least mine had no sights.

That would match my 30-06 M77. Both made around the same year but my 30-06 doesn't have open sights.

I have always wanted a .35 Whelen in an 1895 Winchester.

This would be the ultimate big game lever gun imho.

This would cure my hunger for a '71 in .348 and a Savage 99 in .358 at the same time!

That's a NICE one... Why hasn't someone gotten this yet?

What are you all waiting on?

Very nice!
Come on fellas, someone here needs a 35 Whelen.

JD338

That's a great rifle and a fair price too. I bought my first Mod 700 Classic 35 Whelen (it was on consignment at a LGS) for $500 back in '95. After I ruined that one by converting it to .416 Taylor ( I know, I had to try) I replaced it with another Mod 700 classic in '99 ( my current) for $600, both had been reamed to the Ackley. A friend of mine bought one of those Rugers ( identical to this one posted) also in '95. He left his in standard Whelen, used the Nosler 225BT and killed moose, caribou and a big grizzly (self defense on that one) it was a great rifle for him!

Back