gold inlay ?

Never had a desire to do engraving on any rifle I owned. I suspect that like any art work, there is a learning curve entailed, and I suspect that this particular curve is quite steep. It isn't the cost of the inlay that would concern me, but the potential for screwing up on a rifle that I valued.

Just what Mike said, carving is an ART! Don't care if it is wood, metal or rock. The folks that do it and do it well are very good because they have been doing it for years. I would want a few practice runs on something similar before I ever dug a metal gouge into something I wanted to keep! Scotty

I agree that carving is indeed an art and I couldn't make myself make that first carve in one of my rifles. But I think this kit is just to fill in any engraving already on the firearm. Such as the engraving from the factory. If you look close at the picture in the link, its a Remington reciever like an 870, 1100, 18-87, 760, ect with the factory engraving on the left side of a right hand reciever.

Deertracker,

You are absolutely correct in your assessment that it is a fill procedure. Truthfully, I didn't pick that up. Nevertheless, as Antelope_Sniper has said, my guns are all field guns. Therefore, I have no desire to apply gold fill. I do note that the ad states that application of the gold fill enhances the value of the rifles. That is not at all apparent to me. If a rifle has gold filigree or ornate engraving, it would make it less desirable to me. But, hey, that's just me.

WHOOOOAAAAAA.........
deertracker is correct, this kit is only to inlay EXISTING engravings.

I don't wanna try engaving just yet :shock: but I've got a few guns that I think would look nice with a little bling :grin:

If you watch the video, they do just the lettering on an 870, looks nice

I agree that a real gold inlay would add value but if I knew that someone used this product to do the "gold" inlay, i wouldnt pay a cent more for it than if it didnt have it. Link says its really fine bronze powder. So I take that as fake gold lol. Neat idea but none of my guns will see the stuff!

Most of my rifles are dull, boring and black, however they shoot well, thats what counts for me.!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had a .222 or a .280, you can bet I'd be putting the gold filling in the caliber stamp! :)

Back