Heli hunting

noslerpartition

Handloader
May 26, 2018
I browsed YouTube while playing with Quickload and one of the heli-hunting videos started.
While it is not what I consider hunting, I can see the reason behind it when done right.
Out of curiosity, I went to the pages of some outfitters.
Urgs.
I mean - the shooters reduce the damage for the farmers and pay around 2500 for two hours?
Shouldn't there be a fee for them?
We have major problems with hogs in Germany, too and hunters leasing land have to pay for the damage, too. So we aren't paid for helping either.
But with those rates, I would think twice (or multiple times) before I spray away on hogs.
What happens to the meat?' Are they collected, or just left to rot?
What are your thoughts?
Don't get me wrong - I am not judging from thousands of miles away. It is just foreign to me. I hunt for the freezer and for me that is more rewarding than pulling the trigger multiple times...

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Just did some quick and dirty maths.
There are about 2.000.000 hogs in Texas. Reduction should be in the high double digits. Let's say 50% and assume half of it from helis.
What's the kill-rate? 10 per hour and shooter?
That would make 50.000 shooter-hours. Times 1000$/hour would be a $50.000.000 market.
Should have made the heli-licence and moved to Texas!

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Yeah...I can't see paying to do it. Maybe pitch in a bit for fuel, but I would think the farmer's should be hiring the shooter.

Back