INTRODUCING Accubond Long Range

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Bend, Ore. – October 31, 2012 – Nosler, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of their new line of AccuBond® Long Range bullets. Developed through a combination of bullet manufacturing techniques that are unique to Nosler, the design of the AccuBond®-LR allows for the highest B.C. possible in a bullet of the same caliber and weight. Designed with an optimum performance window ranging from 3,200fps to 1,300fps, the unique tapered jacket geometry and proprietary
bonding process of the AccuBond®-LR allow it to expand rapidly for effective energy transfer and significant tissue damage while retaining sufficient weight to ensure deep penetration into the vitals. The AccuBond® bonding process allows the AccuBond®-LR to perform reliably on game throughout the entire velocity range, eliminating the problem of being “too close” often encountered with other high-B.C. bullets. The high-performance boat tail, long ogive, and polymer tip combine to make the AccuBond®-LR the sleekest, flattest- shooting, bonded, hunting bullet ever created. The ogive of the AccuBond®-LR is designed to provide excellent accuracy in a wide variety of firearms without the necessity of being loaded close to or in contact with the lands. The new AccuBond®-LR will be packaged in 100 count boxes, and will initially be available in the following calibers and weights.

nosler2013.jpg

These are awesome! Nosler is going to take the long range market by storm.
Way to go Nosler.

JD338

I'll be interested to see how they perform in my .308 Win and .300 Win Mag.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

SOOOOOOO HAPPY!

Where is Fotis with his dancing "this post is worthless without pics" smiley guys!

When will they be ready to shoot?

Wow! That will make for some interesting load work for several rifles around here...Nice work, Nosler!

I'm assuming load data will be forthcoming?

Put me down for a few boxes of the 190's....would also take a few boxes of 30 caliber 168's (or 175's), if those happen to be in the works.

I am looking forward to the 6.5mm 129 gr in the 6.5mm Rem Mag and the 7mm 168 gr in the 280 AI for crop damage deer next summer.

JD338

I'm thinking the 210's would do very well in my 300RUM. 100 count boxes to boot, can't wait.

OK....now I'm excited!

Pics are worth 1,000 words!

If those BC's hold true, the effective hunting range of my 30-06 just doubled, literally...doubled.

Very awesome! That 150 .277 bullet is going to get a ride as soon as I can get my hands on them!

Wow, the 190 in the 30 cal will be awesome in the 300WSM!

Man, just when I thought I had my load and bullets all bought up. Son of a gun! I will need to deploy again to stock up again! HA!

Great job Nosler. Those are an awesome bunch of bullets right there! Way to go. Talk about great news.

Jim's right though, I would think these should answer the mail for alot of shooters that stretch their guns out a little.

I May as well just go home. I'm not going to be getting a darn thing done at work today. Other than a mess of ballistic calculations!

If I did my math right, the 168 ALR going 80 fps slower than my 160 AB, is full three minutes less drop @ 1000 yards! 500 ft/lbs more energy, 300 more fps, and 1.3 MOA less wind drift! freaking excited! About a 30% advantage in ft/lbs over the 160 AB.

The 150 .277 ALR @ 3200 adds almost 15% more energy to my 270 Weatherby over the 140 AB doing 3300 @ 700 yrds. Almost 13% @ 600, and 8.5% @ 400.

Not that I'll shoot it that far all the time, but I figure every little bit helps, even if it is only at 100 yards.

Awesome!! The 150ALR is for sure getting a go in my 270WSM. To bad I just got my 150VLD load dialed! Oh well more tuning is always fun.

Any release dates floating around yet?

I can't wait to see what these are going to do in the Jug test. they sure look really good on paper!

Does Nosler have any pics or recovered bullets from their testing?

Just spoke with Mike at Nosler. Both the 7mm 168 & 175 will stabilize in a 9 twist! Hope product can keep up with demand. Crop depredation is going to be a blast!!

Looking at that tapered jacket, this all looks very promising...

The jacket looks pretty thin, but it would have to be to expand at 1,300 fps...these might get messy "up close", but it plainly says "Long Range"...and they appear to be very well thought out for that application.

I'm thinking your right about messy (not really a big deal), but I think they will be well constructed enough that they will still poke through an elk shoulder (the main complaint I have with current LR bullets is reliability to break the shoulder, or even expand the same most of the time for that matter). Time will tell I guess. I have a few damage tags for cow elk coming up (nov. and feb.). If they come out soon enough and I can get my hands on some I'll get some results up.

Wow! My 300 RUM is screaming for those 190s and 210s. Always wanted to get into a 7mm of some sort. These new bullets may end up being enough for a 280AI or 7WSM? Good work Nosler!

Yep...the bonding should hold them together enough to penetrate plenty, but they will likely be messy up close (as you said, not necessarily a bad thing)...thats where they have the competition beat...bonding, and the tips.

The tips and thin jacket ensure rapid expansion even at low velocity...but the bonding makes sure it doesn't tear the bullet to bits before it penetrates on closer shots...I like the idea!

Thin jackets are also known for better accuracy...

Back