Keep a good rifle nearby!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Thought you guys would appreciate this:

aekMLm4h.jpg

I like it. There was also one I remember as a kid for Remington Arms Autoloading Rifles. A mountain trail with a hunter coming face to face with a Grizzly bear on the ledge.
Those old adds burned an image that I'll never forget.

JD338

Attachments

• 51FoW5zAwQL._AC_.jpg
    51FoW5zAwQL._AC_.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 10
Winchester did produced some dramatic ads. That one was a classic. Remington did some classics as well. Don't I remember some ads for Savage that were quite dramatic?

Reminds me of growing up in the 70's when Dad's new issue of Outdoor Life would come in the mail, my favorite thing to read was the "This Happened To Me" section. Mostly people's tales of surviving close encounters/attacks with wildlife and hunting accidents. Come to find out there's a compilation book! I need it in my "library"
Outdoor Life This Happened to Me
I remember them.
Paul B.

Reminds me of growing up in the 70's when Dad's new issue of Outdoor Life would come in the mail, my favorite thing to read was the "This Happened To Me" section. Mostly people's tales of surviving close encounters/attacks with wildlife and hunting accidents. Come to find out there's a compilation book! I need it in my "library"
Outdoor Life This Happened to Me

I remember reading those before getting dropped off at Boy Scout summer camp. EEEK!

I was expecting mountain lions and bears behind every boulder.

Guy

Back