Lake Tahoe/Reno

BK

Handloader
Dec 14, 2008
What to see/do? Spending the better part of a week there at the end of the month, and might need to see some gun stuff. Oh yeah, getting married, too. (Thus, the need to escape into gun stuff! :) )

Thanks, Charlie! I gotta last a while longer, Nolan's going to graduate from High School when I'm 60! :shock:

Kurt,

Congratulations on getting married.

JD338

Congratulations Kurt. I wish you and your new wife the best. She picked a good one out of the herd! :wink:
David

It has been almost forty years since I was in the Lake Tahoe area. I'm afraid I won't be much help in that area. Congratulations on getting married. I pray you'll enjoy a long and delightful marriage.

BK":2wxo3z15 said:
Thanks, Charlie! I gotta last a while longer, Nolan's going to graduate from High School when I'm 60! :shock:

I'll only be 59 with my first :mrgreen: :p but I'll be 60 with the one about to hatch :shock: :cry:

Congrats on the marriage BK

I'm clueless on what to do in Tahoe as well. We use to go skiing up there every year when I was a kid but the last time I was through there a few years ago it was a way different place.

Good luck up there Kurt. I think there are some cool things to do around Reno/Tahoe. Good luck buddy, congratulations on your marriage.

Well, if nothing else, I guess there's gotta be plenty of brewpubs!

Thanks for the kind wishes, fellas!

Congrats! South Lake Tahoe gambling and shows. The North side is the CA side so no gambling but good fishing and rafting. And to top it off, there is a Cabela's in Reno on I 80 west side of town. Reno's Cabela's has a very nice collection of guns.

BK":164kkwim said:
Thanks, Charlie! I gotta last a while longer, Nolan's going to graduate from High School when am 60! :shock:

Curt, That is why I am so broke all of the time. Catherine graduated Cornell University until I was 58 years old and Christopher graduated Pennsylvania Law School (both Ivy League (private. expensive) with a Juris Doctrate when I was 65 years old! The tuition Numbers are pretty scary (high) for a non-resident of those states and I got no help by way of scholarships from the schools! Despite both their having graduating with high honors. I spent over $350,000 of my own money (savings and retirement 401-k), plus paying taxes on it) so that they could not be bothered thinking about me about little ole me and worrying about lil ole money.

Plus, their mother stole my small inheritance to add insult to injury and gave it to them along with my family silver, car and furniture. These work in New Yawk now and fit right in and have to never worry about me at all or money at all! Thanks to their mom, the thief! Never even thanked me for this either!

Oh well, it sometimes does not have a fairy tale ending as you had hoped. I would have gladly given the money to them, had they bothered to stoop to ask!!!!!
Now they will not even speak to me because they are toooooooooooo good for the likes of me! Their mother helped with that part! Bless her little heart!

owenv":3ng5ww5b said:
And to top it off, there is a Cabela's in Reno on I 80 west side of town. Reno's Cabela's has a very nice collection of guns.

I did not know that! I wonder if I would be in trouble if I was late picking them up from the airport?

Oldtrader3":1xnb3qt2 said:
BK":1xnb3qt2 said:
Thanks, Charlie! I gotta last a while longer, Nolan's going to graduate from High School when am 60! :shock:

Curt, That is why I am so broke all of the time. Catherine graduated Cornell University until I was 58 years old and Christopher graduated Pennsylvania Law School (both Ivy League (private. expensive) with a Juris Doctrate when I was 65 years old! The tuition Numbers are pretty scary (high) for a non-resident of those states and I got no help by way of scholarships from the schools! Despite both their having graduating with high honors. I spent over $350,000 of my own money (savings and retirement 401-k), plus paying taxes on it) so that they could not be bothered thinking about me about little ole me and worrying about lil ole money.

Plus, their mother stole my small inheritance to add insult to injury and gave it to them along with my family silver, car and furniture. These work in New Yawk now and fit right in and have to never worry about me at all or money at all! Thanks to their mom, the thief! Never even thanked me for this either!

Oh well, it sometimes does not have a fairy tale ending as you had hoped. I would have gladly given the money to them, had they bothered to stoop to ask!!!!!
Now they will not even speak to me because they are toooooooooooo good for the likes of me! Their mother helped with that part! Bless her little heart!

Man, that sucks, Charlie. You would think that they would want some contact with dad, even with mom spreading her vile lies about you.

Back