Michigan 2022 Rifle Deer Season

Thanks!

I anticipate seeing my usual 0 deer. 😁
OK, I was shocked.
Wednesday morning (second day) I saw a buck, then a doe and fawn, then another doe.
Unfortunately each was crossing the two-track I look down, and saw each for about 2.5 seconds as they trotted by.
Lots of tracks in the fresh snow on Wednesday morning as well. It's the most activity we have seen in a long time.

So far Dad hasn't seen one on our land in 4 (?) years.

Here is my opening day buck, 19" 8 pt.
We have seen plenty of deer. I saw 7 bucks opening day, 2 bucks on the second day and 1 buck yesterday. This morning, 2 does but no horns. With a foot of snow on the ground, there are tracks everywhere. Should be a good hunt tonight, just a matter of time.

Dan,
Henry the 8 should have had my arrow in him the same morning Sue shot her 11 pt but that's another story.
We still have 3 big bucks hanging around and I'm hoping Sue and Danielle connect.

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20221115_182148106.jpg
    IMG_20221115_182148106.jpg
    730.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20221115_190119206.jpg
    IMG_20221115_190119206.jpg
    634.4 KB · Views: 22
Congratulations, nice buck! What bullet did you use, a Hornady? LOL

Good luck to the rest of your crew.

We have seen plenty of deer. I saw 7 bucks opening day, 2 bucks on the second day and 1 buck yesterday. This morning, 2 does but no horns. With a foot of snow on the ground, there are tracks everywhere. Should be a good hunt tonight, just a matter of time.

Dan,
Henry the 8 should have had my arrow in him the same morning Sue shot her 11 pt but that's another story.
We still have 3 big bucks hanging around and I'm hoping Sue and Danielle connect.

JD338
Very nice, Jim. Your investment in that rifle and load has worked out very well. I wish your family continued success. I especially hope Danielle gets a wall hanger. Dan

Dan,

JD338
Rifle? Nice buck BTW

You kill me Patrick! LOL
Unfortunately, it's usually true.
It's been 3 years since we saw any deer during deer season on Dad's land. This year's 4 a week ago is a recent record.
The deer I've shot were on other friends' land.

Nosler M21 308 Win with 165 gr BT over 46.3 grs IMR4064, Nosler case and Federal GM210M primer.
She shoots .350" at 100 yards allowing me to thread the needle in the woods.

JD338
Thought you might have drilled it with the 375 Ouch & Ouch!

Back