My buddy filled his cow tag

RogueRiver

Handloader
Mar 13, 2005
A co-worker/friend hadn't hunted since he was a kid but 3 years ago wanted to get back into it. last year he used his sister-in law's 270. His Sister got him a Savage 270 this past year. He wanted a 270 since thats what his dad used. I got a scope mounted on it for him and loaded him up some ammo with nosler 140 partitions. He filled his tag first day hunting this year and only one out of 5 hunters at work to fill a biggame tag.

Yep he also works at 382 Wightman where Nosler started it all. Hope John is looking down enjoying hunters work in his old Ashland Home.

Attachments

• brianelk.jpg
    brianelk.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 689
Ya.. the 270 and a Partition dosent work worth a d@rn.... :roll: :) Outstanding! Congrats to your friend and good for you helping your friend get back into the sport. I'd bet he'll be out again next season... :) CL

Well that is a fine looking cow, but looks to me the pack out might be a little rough. Congratulations and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations!!! [emoji322][emoji898][emoji323][emoji324]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrific! Glad to hear the 270 worked its magic. Congratulations to the both of you.

Dan

Congratulations to the returning hunter. He did well. Thank you for giving him encouragement and a hand in preparing for the hunt.

Man, who would have guessed a 270 worked so darned well :mrgreen:

And congrats on the cow.. She looks like fine eating.

Back