My wife rocks!

tddeangelo

Handloader
May 18, 2011
November is birthday month in my house. My youngest (Isabella) turned 1 on 11/7, my oldest (Megan) turned 10 on 11/10 (my middle one, Anna, was 7 in June). My brother and myself both have b-days this month, too.

Since it was Bella's first birthday and Megan was hitting the big 1-0, we decided to rent a hall yesterday (11/18) and have a big bash. We had lots of friends and family come and party with us, and it was a great time.

Then came a small cake for Isabella, we sang to her, and she mashed up that cake like a pro! Then we sang to Megan, and her custom-designed cake (her design) came out with candles. As we finished, I hear my wife say "And now we sing one more time for Tom!" and everyone sang for my birthday and she had a small cake for me, too. I thought that was pretty cool to share in my daughters' b-day party, but then my wife says, "Here, open this." and hands me a BIG box wrapped like it was one of the girls' packages, which is why I never thought twice about it being in all the stuff I HELPED pack in the car, lol.

I opened it up, to find a Hornady Powered Case Prep center. You know, the one that has a powered trimmer and six attachment points for deburring, chamfering, neck brushes, and primer pocket cleaners? I was floored.

I hate case prep with a passion. My wife heard my tell my dad I wanted to get one of these units and went and got her parents and my parents to chip in and they all bought it for me for my birthday.

I knew I had a keeper. She just keeps proving to me I was right.

She's a keeper for sure! And happy birthday month! You'll have to post a review on it after you've had some time to use it a bit.

That is cool, Tom to have all of the Birthdays stacked up like that. Donna and I are 12 days apart on Birthdays and the family always does ours together as well.

Nice present! That is the only part of reloading that I do not like doing also, is the trimming, cleaning of primer pockets and chamfering necks. Good present, I would like to have one of those myself! Maybe I can drop a hint on Donna since Christmas is coming?

I'll definitely post about it once I've used it a bit and let you all know how it's working for me.

Charlie, when I was a kid, my dad had me do all the case trimming. This involved one of those Forster trimmers with the "skeletonized" aluminum base, and he didn't want it anchored to the workbench, so I had to hold it with one hand and crank with the other. I was sure my hands would be permanently gnarled up like that after trimming cases!

My current trimmer is a Lyman with a power attachment that can be chucked to a drill. I have a corded drill that I use for only this purpose, but still, it's a chore to trim. Not as bad as that infernal hand-crank job, but a chore. Then come all the other steps.

This should make things a lot more enjoyable. I'll surely post what my thoughts are once I get on it again. Hunting season runs through January, though, so I might not do any serious reloading till spring.

Now I just need one of those powder dispensers Scotty raves about and I should be SET!

You scored big with that lady, Tom. She is a keeper for certain. Congratulations on reaching such an advanced age. :shock: Congratulations on having a loving family. That is a wonderful tribute to a gracious woman--your wife.

Tom, my dad did never reload. However, I had one of those Forster hand trimmers and I am not smart enough to get my kids to do it for me, remember that I am your dad's age. Besides the way things are now, I was never able to keep my kids at home long enough to do anything but complain about how I would not give them a car! Remember that my kids are in your generation or older and they never got the gist of: get a job, get a car which is what I did!

Yikes, my grandaughter is almost 24 years old!

Charlie, my dad was a master of delegation of tasks, particularly the ones he wished to not have to do any longer, lol.

In the process, though, I learned more than just how to reload, or how to do a myriad of other things. I learned that work wasn't something to be avoided at all costs, but rather often presented opportunities.

:)

Good deal Tom. SHw is for sure a keeper.

BTW, happy bday buddy.

JD338

My older three children were delegated chores and did their share. The youngest two had a mentally ill mother (Bipolar) which was my fault of course, so I did their work and mine.

Wow! Lucky you.
I would really like if mine would get the hints i give all year long
Well... At least for my birthday this summer she gave me permission to buy myself a cabelas standhunter wool suit :roll:
:mrgreen:

My wife is a great wife also, she has taken me to Cabela's on past Christmases and let me buy what I want. This year, I may just ask her for a case prep center I already have a Hornady trimmer. Tom, I really would like to have one of those case prep centers.

Slightly belated but on the month of the Birthday of the United States Marine Corps, I will wish you and your's a Happy Birthday. IIRC, two daughters share the month with you, correct? Best to them as well. :)

Back