new ncr 280 ackley

hofts

Beginner
Mar 12, 2006
hello nosler, i have recently fondled an 05 ncr in 300 wsm at cabelas. great rifle, however, i had talked to several people about it who had also handled them, and also some who actually owned them.

basically only one complaint, and i totally agree. the forearm is a little too thick. too much wood in the forearm.

just wondering if this will be addressed at all on the 280 ackley version.???/ if not, why.

any changes at all on the 280 ackley????thanks a lot

everyone who owned the 300 wsm ncr said it shot absolutely great.

thanks for your reply.

We are very glad that everyone is pleased with the Nosler rifles. I do not believe that the forearm has been slimmed down on the 280AI, but this will be an area of interest for the next rifle.

I have yet to receive my NCR but am hoping the forearm is thicker, my complaint with some of the newer rifles is the forearm is to skinny to hold easily. For example the Kimber 8400 or Remington CDL is to thin up front for me to hold comfortably, where as my older Remington BDL feels very comfortable but has a thicker forearm on it.

MX Racer you are in luck. The 280AI will have the thicker forearm.

For everyone else, I can tell you that there will be research done to see if the majority would prefer a change. The rifle program is new for us as all of you know. I feel that we will not be successful if we do not build what the customer wants.

Back