New Production Remington 700 CDL

I think that the 700 long actions have always been that way. Long enough for the .375 H&H without having to make an entire new action, even longer.

I can go measure one of mine.

Have two CDL's here - both have been great! I hope yours is even better. :) Thanks for the great photos of your new 7mm Rem Mag!

Guy

Be interesting to hear what you come back with. I'd be surprised if your 30-06 long action mag box measures much longer than 3.400, the 375 should have a magnum length action, but maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying?

I think that the 700 long actions have always been that way. Long enough for the .375 H&H without having to make an entire new action, even longer.

I can go measure one of mine.

Have two CDL's here - both have been great! I hope yours is even better. :) Thanks for the great photos of your new 7mm Rem Mag!

Guy
Yeah, the factory mag box has been enough for any 300 win mag ( 3.7 I think). My 300Rum gota 3.85 Wyatt's box, the only modification was the bolt stop. Wyatt's 4.0 needs a little action machining.

Yeah, the factory mag box has been enough for any 300 win mag ( 3.7 I think). My 300Rum gota 3.85 Wyatt's box, the only modification was the bolt stop. Wyatt's 4.0 needs a little action machining.

Learn something all the time..........I have a rem Model 7 but I don't have a long action model 700. I did not know they came with a mag box that long.

Got to shoot it today. I only had time to fire 10 rounds. First picture is the first 4 rounds fired. One round verified on paper. Moved crosshairs to bullet impact, then 3 for the first group at 100 yards. Second picture is the last 3 shots. They were rounds I had loaded, no workup. HBN coated 140gr BT over RL22.
A sub 1” rifle out of the box. I added Talley rings and Leupold 4x12 CDS glass. I’m satisfied.

Attachments

• EF0A617C-AAF5-4999-B806-D02CD1D324E8.jpeg
    EF0A617C-AAF5-4999-B806-D02CD1D324E8.jpeg
    955.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 7AC4D5AE-76F5-4527-9F8B-85801F46B0C9.jpeg
    7AC4D5AE-76F5-4527-9F8B-85801F46B0C9.jpeg
    996.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I’m going to try and get out this weekend to see how it will do with 180gr Berger Hybrid's, and 175gr ELD-X’s. I think with it having a 1:8 twist rate, it may have some potential with them. The magazine is long enough to seat to the lands without problems. It’s also throated kinda long. The Berger 180’s touch the lands at 3.500ish according to my comparator.
I think I’ll shoot a ladder for both bullets, seating them at .020” off the lands. I think I’ll start with Staball HD, or LRT.

Excellent! Am looking forward to seeing the rifle as well as your results at the range and in the field! :)

Somehow the 7mm Rem Mag seems very appropriate for a Remington 700 rifle! I have always liked the CDL's.

Regards, Guy
Same here. Not a Remington guy, per se but a 7 Rem and M700 came in together and it stands well they’re coming together this time around as well.

The 1-8 5R is a great move.

Got to shoot it today. I only had time to fire 10 rounds. First picture is the first 4 rounds fired. One round verified on paper. Moved crosshairs to bullet impact, then 3 for the first group at 100 yards. Second picture is the last 3 shots. They were rounds I had loaded, no workup. HBN coated 140gr BT over RL22.
A sub 1” rifle out of the box. I added Talley rings and Leupold 4x12 CDS glass. I’m satisfied.
Man, what a great shooter! Congrats, the CDL is one of the best Remingtons out there in my book and I’m a Winchester guy thru and thru.

Man, what a great shooter! Congrats, the CDL is one of the best Remingtons out there in my book and I’m a Winchester guy thru and thru.
So far I’m very happy with it. The fit and finish looks to be commensurate with what a 700 should be. Surprisingly the trigger is excellent. Clean break with no over travel or creep. With only a few rounds fired It looks to be accurate, and the POI didn’t shift as the barrel warmed up a little. I’m looking forward to seeing how It likes 160gr Partitions, and 175-180 grain ELD-X’s/Berger’s. The thing I’m most impressed with is the fact that I haven’t said “I can live with that” even once with it. It’s a nice feeling when something exceeds your expectations.

So far I’m very happy with it. The fit and finish looks to be commensurate with what a 700 should be. Surprisingly the trigger is excellent. Clean break with no over travel or creep. With only a few rounds fired It looks to be accurate, and the POI didn’t shift as the barrel warmed up a little. I’m looking forward to seeing how It likes 160gr Partitions, and 175-180 grain ELD-X’s/Berger’s. The thing I’m most impressed with is the fact that I haven’t said “I can live with that” even once with it. It’s a nice feeling when something exceeds your expectations.
Absolutely. I had a CDL in 35 Whelen and 25-06, the Whelen was and still is a great shooting rifle that hunted alot. The 25-06 was a basket case, but eventually with enough stock work it came around. They are some really nice stocks though and that 7 Rem of yours is very nice.

What trigger are they putting into their new 700's Joe?

Joe,
Pretty impressive to have sub MOA accuracy right out of the box with no load development. Says a lot about the rifle, the rifleman and the load.
I suspect that if you were to figure out what your rifle likes, it will give you some bragging size groups. Either way, you have a winner rifle, congratulations.

JD338

Back