New toys

rjm158

Handloader
Oct 15, 2009
Over the past few months I've bought some new (to me) toys. They were all unplanned purchases, found while I was working and delivering packages to gun shops on my route.

The first was a 1968 vintage Savage Model 99 in .308. It is is very nice shape and came with a Tasco 3-9x scope. This had never been a bucket list gun but when I saw it's condition and caliber, the rest was a foregone conclusion.

The second was a Remington Model 74 30-06 semiautomatic. This was a plain jane version of a 7400 but has birch wood instead if walnut. Research found that this model was only made 1983-86 with my particular one being a 1985. It had a Simmons 3-9x scope in see through mounts on it, too. I didn't NEED it, but for the price they quoted me I could say no. So far it has functioned flawlessly.

The last one occurred a few days ago. The owner of the shop pulled out a 9mm Browning Hi Power from behind the counter saying, "I knew you'd want to see this." It came with 9 magazines (4 original Brownings and 5 Mec Gars), a set of Hogue rubber grips, an inside the waistband holster, a Blade Tec double mag pouch and a nice multi-compartment soft case. The serial number indicates it was made in 1971. This one was pretty much a no brainer, too

Ron

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Wow, that's a nice find (s). Congrats on the new additions to your collection.

JD338

Back