Nosler 6.5mm/.264" 140gr Ballistic Tips needed

GeorgeS

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
If you know of an online source with availability, please send me the information via PM.

I want to standardize my 6.5 Creedmoor on the 140gr. AccuBonds and BTs.

Thank you,
George

I don’t know of any Ballistic Tips but Shooters Pro Shop has some factory seconds 140 grain Accubonds right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking for some for the 6.5-06 and found 500 on GunBrioker for a decent price..May look there too.

mwess1113, thanks. I had already ordered the Accubonds.when I started this thread.

hunter24605, Gunbroker is hit-or-miss, but I'll check there as well.

Fotis, I found some at Sportsman's Warehouse with free ship-to-store, and ordered more from Graf's (I don't know how I missed them)
I don't intend to drive the bullets at maximum velocity, so I doubt the ELD-X would be needed. They are much more appropriate for your 6.5-300Wby.

Thanks,
George

George the ELD-X is just a glorified cup and core SST bullet with the "non-melting/deforming" tip. Basically, a Hornady ballistic tip if you will. The -X designation pertains to hunting and the -M is for match.

Yes, and they only command a slight premium over the SST for that special polymer tip.

I figure the BTs will work on coyotes, deer and antelope, the Accubonds for pigs. They have the same BC and almost identical shapes so I'll only have to learn one trajectory ;)..

George

Back