Nosler Custom Brass Question...

accur8

Beginner
Aug 6, 2013
Can anyone confirm or deny if the Nosler Custom Brass is factory annealed?

Thanks,
Mike

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

All brass necks are annealed at the factory. It's the only way to get the neck to size and properly tension the bullet. If it were not annealed, the neck would be as hard as the casehead and you'd see a huge difference in sizing and bullet seating, as well as accuracy.

Dubyam is correct but I can tell you from using the hornady concentricity corrector and the true tool that there are HUGE differences in softness. Win and norma brass seems to be the softest and seems to stay that way longest. I've seen some brands of virgin casings that are so tough they can barely be moved by either tool.

I do believe that Norma makes nosler brass. I really like nosler brass it has held up very well and shoots well

They make the weatherby calibers for sure.
I don't know what else they make but I'm gonna put out there that I'm 99% sure they don't make it all.
I would be really really loyal to nosler if I thought it was or they put a code that we could recognize which ones were.
Its possible the agreement to making brass won't let a disclosure happen.

At one time, Norma listed Nosler as a company for whom they produced brass, on their website. That has since been removed. I am pretty confident some of the brass for Nosler is made by Norma. I also think some is made by Winchester, and some perhaps by Hornady, or perhaps Remington or Federal. Regardless, the bottom line is, Nosler specs all their brass, and does the finish work in-house, as I understand it. But I'm pretty confident it's made by several manufacturers.

russ808":2n7ifqja said:
Since nosler bought silver state, I think they will be making nosler brass now.

+1 on that. Smart people at Nosler. I don't think SSA will produce it all but maybe eventually.

Scott

Back