Nosler Please Help - No 260 REM Brass anywhere

deerhntr

Beginner
Sep 29, 2010
Well That is not completely true, I found some on Gunbroker marked up to $75/50, but I can't find it anywhere else at list price. Is it in that high a demand, or is the brass being displaced by the Nosler 26 and the other 6.5mms.

Nosler brass is simply put, the best, but it is so difficult to find for my 260 REM.

Deerhntr.

I think there are 2-3 boxes of Nosler at the local sportsmans here. I'll be there tomorrow if you want me to look for you.

Also, Brownells had some in lapua flavor on sale. May be worth checking out.

Wyo7200":lu663sp2 said:
Also, Brownells had some in lapua flavor on sale. May be worth checking out.

Thanks Wyo7200 (y) ! I'm Back in Business! Found Nosler Brass at Brownell's for $63.99 a box. Guess google search is not all it is cracked up to be.

Unfortunately, the lapua was out of stock. Must be out because of the sale, $89.99 for 100. I ordered a couple of boxes of the Nosler Brass. I filled my PA Buck Tag on Saturday with my Bow, but still have 4 doe tags, and my son will be up for rifle season also. So I want to be sure we have plenty loaded up for the range and rifle season.

Thanks,

Deerhntr

Attachments

• IMG_0437_crop.jpg
    IMG_0437_crop.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 371
Congratulations on the buck. Brass, of any manufacturer, is expensive here. The price you quoted for Nosler brass sounds good from this side of the border. I am using Lapua brass for my grandson's 260 Rem. It is good stuff. Sorry I can't help. However, if you should snag some of the Lapua brass, you won't be disappointed.

How difficult would it be to convert Nosler 243 brass to 260 Remington? I see that SPS has some 243 blems available?
Keith

How difficult would it be to convert Nosler 243 brass to 260 Remington? I see that SPS has some 243 blems available?
Keith
Unless you have a tight neck chamber, neck it up

Wis65x55":18grn199 said:
Keith
It should be a one pass through the FL sizing die process. I haven't done it for .260, but I have done it for my .280. 30-06 brass worked just fine in my 280 after being resized. The OAL of those cases were a little short, and .270 brass may have worked better in that regard, but they still worked fine. Just make sure to keep that newly resized brass and ammo clearly marked which gun it is for.

Back