nossler?

loader

Beginner
Dec 6, 2004
would like some recomendations , im shooting 1k br at williamsport pa. and nee a high bc bullet to help in the evil winds that blow here. this is what im shooting. 300 wsm 31" 1-10 twist 1.550 heavy gun any info would be helpful. thanks loader

What bullet are you shooting now. Besides the obvious MK's Lapua has a 185 gr Sencar. A guy here who shoots long range with that cartridge uses the 200 gr MK.

Perhaps there is a heavier Nolser than the 168?

Too bad we don't make a 185-190 grain Comp bullet yet.

If you are in a competition that allows them, the 200grain AccuBond is awesome at long ranges like 1000yd.

thanks fellas, im useing 2 different bullets at the present time. 210gr jlk in heavy winds, and a200 gr smk the rest of the time. i really like the 200 ab but not for comp. was hopeing that ya had something in the comp linethat would do the job. thanks loader

I am looking to do some competive shooting (hobby level) after I retire ((1-3 years) and would like to get some pointers on getting started. My father took up metal silhouette shooting after he retired and enjoyed it very much. We have a new gun club & range nearby, but haven't investigated too much yet. Any amateur 1000 yd ranges in central ("The Republic of") California? Any magazines other than American Riflelman that speak to competive shoting?

Back