Ramshot magnum and hunter .. at PV In stock

Alex36

Beginner
Mar 29, 2022
I know there’s a post from yesterday but the ramshot magnum is 27.00 a pound right now at PV. You can get 5 singles per day. It’s been in stock for 2 days now. Same with the hunter.

Tip on PV, if you get the items in your cart and you go to check out and you get a memo saying sorry there all out BUT the items still show in your cart you can buy it. That is the default bot system. If you can hit buy at the very end and items are in your cart it’s yours.

I’d get it while it lasts. Especially the magnum … that’s been outa stock for ages. For 27.00$ your not getting a better deal anywhere. I bought 10 pounds ! 5 yesterday and 5 today

yeah just got 4 pounds of big game from them for our 7-08's, and to try in a buddy's '06 with the 178 ELD-X
We need a sticky thread to post up when we find components in stock.

Last edited:
For sure! These ramshot powders are mostly all pretty insensitive too I’ve noticed. There not as good as h1000/retumbo but not nearly as bad as some of the Reloader mag powders. I’ve had the RS magnum outshoot es/sd and groups my h1000 in 90 degree weather. In colder weather the h1000 grouped better and had better es/sd but not by much. Much better than accurate mag pro. This is a lot of guys go to hunting powder powder for 6.5prc/300 prc. I’m sure most of you here have watched Gavin and Guy using it with those calibers. I personally like it with the 200 grain offerings from nosler In 300 win mag. It’s 70fps faster and more accurate than retumbo H1000 is my other go to with my Winnie but this stuff shoots fast and tight.

Nice score! It's been working well in my 300 RUM and 6.5 PRC so far.. Nice stuff to work with.

That's a good price. (y) I could be wrong, but on the powder front I don't think I'd pay the high prices that are on some, just because something is in that wasn't before. Seems to me that powders are showing up more and more.........so if something is high and you can stand to wait, I'm thinking it will keep showing up and prices will stabilize some.

I'm waiting for some of that Big Game to show up locally. Haven't used it yet but based on where it sits on the burn chart and the reports of how well it works with magnum primers, I'd have some good uses for it.

That's a good price. (y) I could be wrong, but on the powder front I don't think I'd pay the high prices that are on some, just because something is in that wasn't before. Seems to me that powders are showing up more and more.........so if something is high and you can stand to wait, I'm thinking it will keep showing up and prices will stabilize some.

I'm waiting for some of that Big Game to show up locally. Haven't used it yet but based on where it sits on the burn chart and the reports of how well it works with magnum primers, I'd have some good uses for it.
Does well in my 30-06 and in the 7mm08 I had. Fair in the 270 but wasn't trying too hard. Dan.

Definitely hear you on that, $27 for a pound of RS magnum is pretty well stabilized to me tho. Delivered to the front door was $30. (Letting us buy 5 pounds at a time ). It’s for sure the best priced “magnum” powder I’ve seen as of late. Brownells is now up to $49 a pound for their extreme powders. I’m still impressed with powder valley keeping their powders 10-20 dollars a pound cheaper than just about everyone now. When this is over if it does end I’ll surely remember the businesses that didn’t try a gauge. Mid south is doing an okay job also.

Oh yeah that's a real good price comparatively today. I was talking about some of the other powders that are coming in at low to mid $40's. One thing I noticed as a marker a week ago, is a very small local shop that had NOTHING in the way of powder this whole time, got in quite a few 1 lb cans of a good variety just recently.

The fact that they got powder in, along with the powders that seems to be increasing in regularity at other shops, makes me think that on the powder front a guy might wait on better prices on some of the powders coming in, if he can afford to.

The Ramshot powders have always seemed to be priced good, even before this all started. Don't know why that is, but it's a good thing.

Oh yeah that's a real good price comparatively today. I was talking about some of the other powders that are coming in at low to mid $40's. One thing I noticed as a marker a week ago, is a very small local shop that had NOTHING in the way of powder this whole time, got in quite a few 1 lb cans of a good variety just recently.

The fact that they got powder in, along with the powders that seems to be increasing in regularity at other shops, makes me think that on the powder front a guy might wait on better prices on some of the powders coming in, if he can afford to.

The Ramshot powders have always seemed to be priced good, even before this all started. Don't know why that is, but it's a good thing.
They are good powders I think. I haven't used them as much as Alliant stuff but from what I have, I like the stuff.

I'm developing a liking for Ramshot X-terminator in .223 Rem and also going to try Hunter with Speer 100gr Hot Cors in 257 Roberts.

Scrummy

Back