Remington 788

BK

Handloader
Dec 14, 2008
I think I may be getting around to upgrading the 788 6mm soon... Timney trigger, new glass, and new mounts-if I can find something different that I like. I see that EGW makes a rail, there's Weaver bases, and Redfield makes a one piece windage-adjustable base. Since I don't really like w/a bases, and I don't really want to run a rail on this, does anybody make anything else for this rifle? Leupy DDs would be ideal.... How about nicer rings for Weaver bases? I haven't made up my mind between 1" or 30 mm tube...

You can buy TPS rings (made in Bend), a variation is made for use with Weaver bases. They are the "W" configuration TPS rings and I own several sets which I use with Warne steel-precision-bases which are the same as Weaver but are steel. They start at $75 for the aluminum rings. They are really well made, high precision rings and are very strong. No lapping required!

Google: http://www.tps.com

TPS are great rings.
On the scope 1" all the way

Fotis, I already have a 30mm Vortex that I might mount on there.

Charlie, thanks, I'll look into TPS.

OK then 30mm That was easy!

easy-button.jpg

Kurt, check out the Talley QR rings. I kinda dig them on my 338, they are pretty slick mounts and you can get them without the lever as well.

Back