Ruger .35 Whelen

lefty315

Handloader
Sep 29, 2004
I haven’t fired my .35 Whelen since Africa, in May of 2012. Took the rest of the loads I had to the range today and fired one shot at 200 yards. They are 250 grain PT’s. After I saw the target I packed up and went home.

Attachments

• E97E0324-CBD6-4C07-9B4F-7C8B901B3CB2.jpeg
    E97E0324-CBD6-4C07-9B4F-7C8B901B3CB2.jpeg
    362.9 KB · Views: 1,616
Some day...some day that will happen to me....and I will pack up and go home too! Well done! CL

Outstanding!

Ya, I'd switch to something else too after that shot. LOL!

Good job.

I’m heading to Idaho on Friday for some spring bear hunting, so the Whelen is going along. Hopefully I’ll have a photo to share when it’s over.

lefty315":23w95taa said:
I’m heading to Idaho on Friday for some spring bear hunting, so the Whelen is going along. Hopefully I’ll have a photo to share when it’s over.

Best of luck to you! (y)

I have no doubt that the rifle will work well for you on this trip. We're all pulling for you to connect to a fine bruin.

Perfect cold bore shot. You are set to go. You can hold on hair out to 300 yards with confidence knowing that 250 gr PT will get it done.
Best of luck to you on your ID bear hunt.

JD338

I don’t know...looks like 1 click up 1 click left. I’d have kept shooting until defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory. Hahahaha.

Good shooting [emoji3]

Well…bears seen but nothing fell to the Whelen. Went on several stalks trying to get my daughter on a bear, and even got to within 40 yards but the brush was too high to see the bear. It’s only a six hour drive to my buddies place so we will head back, and of course the Whelen will go.

I’ll have to have a talk with the airline baggage handlers.

They were supposed to jostle, bump, and vibrate your scope out of alignment.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbflyer":rtgerm73 said:
I don’t know...looks like 1 click up 1 click left. I’d have kept shooting until defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory. Hahahaha.

Good shooting [emoji3]
Hahaha yeah me too [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back