Savage Bolt Lift Kit

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
I've always hated the heavy bolt lift on the few Savage rifles I own, so I went looking for a "fix". I found all kinds of kits, but this one piqued my interest the most because there wasn't any grinding/cutting involved and his kit has an actual thrust bearing included. I was surprised to see it was only $21 and free USPS, so I ordered it and got it today. Watched his youtube video on installation, and It took me about 10 minutes to install, and most of that was loosening the 1/4" Allen screw that apparently Hercules installed at Savage. Most of the times theses upgrades wind up being only a marginal improvement. This reduced to force to lift/cock the bolt by a good 30%-40%. Dry firing it seems to snap with more authority. I only got to shoot 10 rounds, but not a single hiccup was encountered after the install. I'm more than happy with the $21 spent for what I got in return. He has three different styles available for the different firing pins Savage uses. He also has a video how to determine which you need.
Desh Ind Savage Bolt Kit

I’ve had Ben bushed 3 Howa bolts for me. He does go work. I was wondering how much of a difference the Savage bolt kit does. You seem to confirm it’s worth the price. I have a couple of Savages that can use an upgrade.

I’ve had Ben bushed 3 Howa bolts for me. He does go work. I was wondering how much of a difference the Savage bolt kit does. You seem to confirm it’s worth the price. I have a couple of Savages that can use an upgrade.
As long as you don’t go in to it expecting a huge improvement, you’ll be satisfied. Definitely worth the cost. There’s some cheaper on eBay, but Ben said the dude ordered his kits then copied them.

Back