Scope for a 1903

Doni

Beginner
Aug 19, 2020
Hello,
Can someone suggest a reasonably priced scope for a win m 94 and a 1903 a3.
Thanks,
Doni

Reasonable is subjective. For me, reasonable is under 300 or so give or take.

Vortex has a Viper HS 2.5-10 x44 which they recommended for my 1895. It’s working good so far and glass is bright. Price point scared me as Midway USA marked them down to 249 and free shipping.

A fixed 4 or 6 from Leupold would be great too. I think those are closer to 500.

I’ve binned three Nikons in the last 2 years, so not as thrilled with those as when I bought them. 1 prostaff (150) and 2 buck masters (300).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something I've done when trying to find a new scope, is to buy a used Leupold.

Typically they go for about half the price of a new one, and Leupold still honors the warranty. I've picked up some online, and others at local gun shops. Frankly, every used Leupold scope I've purchased has turned out to be great!

Just a thought. A good way to get a good scope, without paying for a brand new scope.

I'd look for a 2.5x for the Winchester 94, and a 4x or 6x for the 1903.

Regards, Guy

Guy Miner":26zik6x2 said:
Something I've done when trying to find a new scope, is to buy a used Leupold.

Typically they go for about half the price of a new one, and Leupold still honors the warranty. I've picked up some online, and others at local gun shops. Frankly, every used Leupold scope I've purchased has turned out to be great!

Just a thought. A good way to get a good scope, without paying for a brand new scope.

I'd look for a 2.5x for the Winchester 94, and a 4x or 6x for the 1903.

Regards, Guy

I have done this as well. Currently running 3 used Leopold's. At the time they were bought, I sent them in to Leopold for a "check up". All were deemed to be in good working order so I'm not sure that was necessary. I have also bought a Vortex, based on their warranty. So far I haven't needed the warranty. Fotis has had good luck, I believe w/ SWFA optics as well. Prices on both can be reasonable.

These are not cheap, but they might be period correct for your '03. I like to look anyway.....
https://www.vintagegunscopes.com/

Back