Shooting the 03-A3

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Forgot that I'd recorded this. Sending some Noslers downrange from the all-original 03-A3 last year:

I really haven't shot it much, but I sure do like it. :)

HeGf4cgh.jpg

Guy

I have one that my dad bought from the DMC in the 1950's that cost $14.95 plus $3.?? shipping to our home. I wish I still had the wooded box it came in. He left it original and deer hunted with it. It has many memories for me. I also remember him taking it to work in the 1960's to get all the cosmoline out/off of it. It would be hard to do that in this now screwed up world.

Good to see you out shooting Guy! Where's your snow? CL
I shot the video last year before the snow hit. Forgot about the video for a while. :) I've got a proper old style military leather sling on the rifle now too.

And, here at 700' -800' elevation, we are out of snow now. I was out on the motorcycle Saturday afternoon. There's a LOT of snow up high though.

Guy

I shot the video last year before the snow hit. Forgot about the video for a while. :) I've got a proper old style military leather sling on the rifle now too.

And, here at 700' -800' elevation, we are out of snow now. I was out on the motorcycle Saturday afternoon. There's a LOT of snow up high though.

Guy
Cool- best of both worlds. Looks like you were enjoying yurself! Recoil therapy. Thinking about trying to get too the club meeting thursday night- but its still half a foot deep on the flat with ice to boot, and more forecast for thursday. Phooey- soon though. CL

I met with a former military/LEO man a couple of years ago to make a tankers holster for his 1911.
He was showing me his WWII collection and also his 03-A3.
it’s was surprising the difference in weight between the 03 and the Garand.
also, the 03 balances so well!
beautiful rifle!

Good to see you shooting the old girl!I love mine. I got it shooting 1 1/2” groups at 100 yards. I’m thinking I might compete with it in the service rifle class. Mine is completely USGI. I even have the correct bayonet for it. Might come in handy if the Portland riots ever come to town.😂
Although if I was sitting on the porch with a fixed bayonet I don’t think I’d have much trouble.🏴‍☠️😈

Back