Shot a coupld of the barn find rifles.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
The two 7600's, don't have what all I need for the M94 30-30.

Cold, but there was no wind. Shot both of them with the iron sights that are on them.......shot the 243 first. It took a couple of sight adjustments to get on paper. Then shot it at 50 yds. Didn't do bad for a thrown together load and cold fingers. 42 gr of IMR 4831 with Sierra 100 gr gamekings.

The 06 factory sights took no adjustments, it was right on from the get go. I was feeling froggy so I shot it to test at 100 yds instead of 50. Standard test load that has done well in so many 06's. IMR 4350, 57 grains with a 165 bullet.

Put the first 2 an inch apart, then I think I got last shot itus and held a little higher on the paper. Either way I beleive it could be made a killer if I wanted, not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet.

Looks good to me. I'd hunt with either one. Keep the 30-06. Can always do another rebore if you get tired of it being the 06. Good either way. Dan.

Yeah I know Dan, never hurts to have a good 30-06 around, but I have 5 counting this one. Knowing me instead of selling one I'll add another one. o_O:LOL: It's a sickenss but guess there's way worse things to have a habit about.

There isn't a one of these 3 rifles that I was looking for, but they are good rifles people are paying for currently, and for me an opportunity to buy them cheap. Haven't decided yet if I'm gonna use the cheap buy to turn a good profit or just keep them.

Good stuff there, gotta love when you can do that kind of groups @ 100 with iron sights. One of my buddies carried 760’s and 7600’s up until he died. I forget how many he had when he died, but it was in excess of 10. he just loved them., especially the ones with the gold trigger.

Nice work ST. The attention to detail you put into those barn find rifles has paid off. Excellent shooting with the iron sights too.

JD338

Yeah I know Dan, never hurts to have a good 30-06 around, but I have 5 counting this one. Knowing me instead of selling one I'll add another one. o_O:LOL: It's a sickenss but guess there's way worse things to have a habit about.

There isn't a one of these 3 rifles that I was looking for, but they are good rifles people are paying for currently, and for me an opportunity to buy them cheap. Haven't decided yet if I'm gonna use the cheap buy to turn a good profit or just keep them.
Sounds like me and the 300wsm

I have four of them and every time I find one on a used rack or new I literally have to talk myself out of the 100 reasons why I need another one.

Back