Spring Elk

maverick2

Handloader
Dec 22, 2013
My work keeps me out on the back roads of northern Idaho on a regular basis. This time of year is always fun because the elk are all congregating in the lowlands as the snow disappears, and this year is no different. (As a casual observation, looks like it was a nice winter for elk as I haven't seen these numbers for a while. I passed a dozen herds and well over 500 head in one 30 mile stretch. Thought this was kind of a cool sight from this morning's drive, so thought I'd share.

SANY0968.jpg

SANY0965.jpg

Great picture of the elk congregation. Thanks for sharing what you are seeing.

Great photo, it's really neat you caught them like that and had some excellent lighting as well for the shot.

wildgene":11ak0n39 said:
...looks like down by Cataldo...

You have a good eye! This pic was about 10 miles south of Cataldo on hiway 3. (All of the hiway 3 corridor is full of elk right now, with the bigger numbers south of St Maries.)

maverick2":3ea0n26f said:
wildgene":3ea0n26f said:

You have a good eye! This pic was about 10 miles south of Cataldo on hiway 3. (All of the hiway 3 corridor is full of elk right now, with the bigger numbers south of St Maries.)

...right in front of the "Blue Lagoon"... :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

...oh, & 'everyone' knows there ain't 'nuthin' S. of St. Maries... :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen:

wildgene":3qyiysqc said:
maverick2":3qyiysqc said:
wildgene":3qyiysqc said:

...oh, & 'everyone' knows there ain't 'nuthin' S. of St. Maries... :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen:

And we'll just let "everyone" keep thinking that... :lol:

By the way, the Blue Lagoon closed a couple years ago (and I think is for sale.)

Back