Springfield 1911 A1 Mil-Spec

HAWKEYESATX

Handloader
Aug 15, 2016
I have to say that lady luck has been smiling on me these past few months.
I ended up trading my Llama Max-1 to an acqaintance who likes to work on, and upgrade 1911's as a hobby. I jokingly offered to trade my Llama Max-1 for his Springfield 1911 A1 Mil-Spec .45 ACP.
To my astonishment, he accepted. Man! I couldn't believe my dumb luck!
I can say, that Springfield Armory makes a top notch 1911.
It's tight, and doesn't rattle. It has a stainless steel match grade barrel, with a stainless steel barrel bushing.
This pistol is a piece of artwork. I can´t believe the difference. It has more rounded edges, a lighter feel, although it is all steel.
The parkerization is the best I´ve seen in a lot of years.
I've been wanting an SA 1911 for a long time, and now I finally have one.
I can say that I´ve completed my firearms collecting, and I have all quality firearms now.
Here are the pics of my Springfield 1911 .45 Auto Mil-Spec. It's slightly modified.

Hawk
285afd8a192c843f23da582819f13311.jpg
5e90586d9c7356d1fcd4f85428fe9ddb.jpg
7f3e3fe493a2de93fee6a993278ef7e7.jpg
a3a71db2449f2713eea3a7d31da8f13e.jpg
f45dfdd925463d7fb2648758b7415f51.jpg

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

KinleyWater":2tragbsi said:
Very cool, and a cool story. Best part is you get to take it to the range next.
Thank you!
Yes, I want to go take her to the.range so badly, but we have been locked down, again, because of COVID-19 reassurgance.
I can´t wait to see how well she groups.
Man! I love the old cartridges and older style handguns!
They just plain work, and have kept working now for over 100 + years now.

Hawk

Sorry to hear about getting locked down again. We do what we can to make things better for everyone, but it gets very frustrating very quickly.

I too have a soft spot for the 'classics'. Nothing wrong with plastic and aluminum, mind you, and I do own a few of those, but there is just something about the older stuff. Craftsmanship? Dunno. I have a 100-ish year old Husqvarna mauser that I just love to work with and my hands down favorite is a 35 year old M700 classic. And yes, I have a couple of 1911 pattern guns as well.

KinleyWater":22hqgcmq said:
Sorry to hear about getting locked down again. We do what we can to make things better for everyone, but it gets very frustrating very quickly.

I too have a soft spot for the 'classics'. Nothing wrong with plastic and aluminum, mind you, and I do own a few of those, but there is just something about the older stuff. Craftsmanship? Dunno. I have a 100-ish year old Husqvarna mauser that I just love to work with and my hands down favorite is a 35 year old M700 classic. And yes, I have a couple of 1911 pattern guns as well.
I don´t know why, but I´ve liked S&W double action, and Ruger Single Action revolvers, along with my Beretta 92FS, and have always like the 1911's.
Ever since I was a kid, and I would watch the old t.v. show, Starsky & Hutch, where Starsky used a Colt 1911 in .45 ACP, I've been enamored with them.

Hawk

Way to upgrade Bryce!

Now can you make the pictures a little bigger? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FOTIS":3jeane4f said:
Way to upgrade Bryce!

Now can you make the pictures a little bigger? [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]
Thank you Fotis!

Did you need those pics in poster size?!? LOL

Congratulations on the new Springfield 1911. She looks pretty nice. Yeah, Springfield does make a great 1911. My wife has an EMP 9mm and it is a dream to shoot. Unfortunately she doesn't let me carry it.
I'm with you, not into the plastic guns. Love the feel of a 1911 and S&W N frame revolvers.
Enjoy your new 1911!

JD338

JD338":39btzrjd said:
Congratulations on the new Springfield 1911. She looks pretty nice. Yeah, Springfield does make a great 1911. My wife has an EMP 9mm and it is a dream to shoot. Unfortunately she doesn't let me carry it.
I'm with you, not into the plastic guns. Love the feel of a 1911 and S&W N frame revolvers.
Enjoy your new 1911!

JD338
Thank you!
I certainly will enjoy it.

Hawk

Ok, I had to change the look of my SA 1911.
Remember it had tacky plastic grips/magwell attached to them? Plus the mainspring housing was all black cheapo plastic too? Got rid of them, and put original metal mainspring housing back on.
Got new textured, and coyote camo grips and put them on.
It will take all mil spec parts, and mags.

Hawk
a4b4eb3e0041d8741206e2efe0e03d6c.jpg
3dc46c747eeb75e9223b6e5bed783030.jpg

Wow! That looks terrific.

I had a Springfield 1911 long ago, and it was a good gun, no doubt. I'd bet that yours turns out to be a good shooter. It sure looks the part.

Guy

Guy Miner":kb79b3lm said:
Wow! That looks terrific.

I had a Springfield 1911 long ago, and it was a good gun, no doubt. I'd bet that yours turns out to be a good shooter. It sure looks the part.

Guy
Thank you Guy! I greatly appreciate it.
From what I've read, and see videos on them, they are way more accurate than the standard mil spec .45 Auto was back in the 40's
I had a small problem with keeping the 3 leaf sear spring in place putting it back together. I was sliding it in and upwards. Man! Was I frustrated!
Then I wondered, what would happen if I just lay it in there? So I did, and voila! She's back up and running!
This one has a really good trigger on it. About 3 lbs or a little less.
I really like the stainless look matched with the dark, dark gray parkerizing.

Hawk

Most handsome handgun. Anyone would be proud to carry such a fine handgun.

DrMike":3d8o61fz said:
Most handsome handgun. Anyone would be proud to carry such a fine handgun.
Thank you DrMike! I greatly appreciate the opinions of the veteran posters here.
I do intend on carrying it now that I have got the grips I want on it.
I've even been contemplating about using it as a hunting gun as well.
I know that I can up the velocities a tad, and use it for deer on down.
I will more than likely test it on wild hog here first.

Hawk

Great looking and the pictures are the right size!

FOTIS":2m9eemo7 said:
Great looking and the pictures are the right size!
Thank you Fotis!
Yes, I did that just especially for you! [emoji13]

My 1911
Kimber USA Team Match II and Springfield TRP Operator. 45 ACP

oY74suRl.png

FOTIS":32wvc6q6 said:
My 1911
Kimber USA Team Match II and Springfield TRP Operator. 45 ACP

oY74suRl.png
Those are awesome! Gotta love the 1911's!
I like the done right flared mag wells.

Hawk

Back