Sticker Shock

RL338

Handloader
Mar 23, 2017
What some people are willing to pay for powder is ridiculous. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/878369381
I had bookmarked this to see how high it would go. $295 shipped for 1 pound of H1000 is unbelievable. The picture on the listing show 3 cans but the item description clearly states auction is for 1lb.

That is pretty amazing. Guess someone imagines that H1000 is the ONLY powder that will work for him.

Crazy times once again for sure. I feel bad for people that were caught with their pants down, but unless they're just now getting into the shooting game, they should've known better and been a little prepared.

Lots of price gouging going on not just on the internet but at brick and mortar stores. I don't patronize those businesses when I see that. I picked up another 1000 CCI large rife locally. Last time I bought there they were $35 per 1000. Now they're $36 per 1000 out the door. Those are the stores I will keep going back to in the future.

With some people money is no problem. I have been to auctions and seen multi millionaires bid against one another and pay waaaaaaaaay more than something was worth just to keep the other person from getting it. I will not give my business to places that price gouge either. One local business just lost my business because of this. They have more than doubled the price of powder and did not even remove the old price stickers just put the higher price sticker over the old one. I could understand if they have to pay more for the powder but to just double or more the price of something like that is just plain greed. Good thing is that nobody around here is crazy enough to pay their price so far because they still had a good supply of powders on the shelves. They only had some large rifle mag primers and some shotgun primers. The rifle primers with tax would have been about $70 for 1000.

5shot":ls5wnn5c said:
I have about 1/2 pound of H1000 that I will do for $125 :O
Won’t take it for less than $150. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have new H-100, Varget, CFE223, H4831SC that I will let go for $180/lb and you pay shipping :)

Or I will trade a pound for 2 lbs of H-450

I would not want to cheat or price gouge anyone :)

sako2":14dzjme4 said:
Someone paid $230.00 for 50 pieces of adg 6.5 prc brass.

I seen standard Winchester LR primers for sale on a website for $129 per 1000. Had a MSRP of $135, showing a 5% discount.

So not only major price gouging, but flat out lying. $135 MSRP. Yeah right!

Manufacturer's are not charging anymore than they were before. If so I wouldn't of just bought a just delivered brick of 1000 CCI 200's for $36 at a local gun shop.

Just got back from the LGS and picked up 1000 Winchester Large Rifle primers for $22.99 so there are still some honest ones out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People must be in a panic thinking Biden might get in. All reloading supplies are getting hard to get. I saw wsp primers go on gunbroker for $225 a brick. Crazy. My friend saw a case of 9mm ammo sell for $1100.

Prices for US primers are still stable in Germany and on stock. We don't see a shortage here.
Must be something terribly wrong in the supply chain...

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Yikes! Show me a panic or disaster, and I'll show you a profiteer. Most of the local suppliers maintained the same prices up until their stocks were depleted..About all they did was place item limits per customer. Fortunately we still have really good powder selections, but primers and brass is hard to come by.

When and where I grew up this irrational greed wasn’t alive. Everybody worked hard for a living and most everyone’s income was similar.... one of the current economies problems imho. Just such a large discrepancy between different folks; I understand capitalism but to the extremes now a days just too bad.

Back in the day the local folks would of 1) not purchased from the gougers and 2) totally quit doing business with them when things ‘normalized’. Still how I operate but I m old school.

Hope everyone has a reasonable amount of brass, powder, primers and bullets to get them through these times.

Alderman":18aygy4u said:
Just got back from the LGS and picked up 1000 Winchester Large Rifle primers for $22.99
Huh, what? Those prices haven't been seen for probably 15 years.

Some people have more dollars than sense.

And I despise gougers!

No one likes gougers, but I think they're a leading indicator of what's to come. Many components' manufacturers are running around the clock. They're not stupid (e.g., do you think Sierra's new owners want to make hay while the sun shines?), so prices will creep up. And, once they do, they're sticky. Wouldn't be bad to be the Hodgdon family right now. Admirably positioned.

Went to my local gun show this past weekend and snagged 2000 small pistol primers for $70.00. Also picked up 2 boxes of 124 grain 9MM XTP bullets for $17.00 a box. Now that was a buy. The loaded ammunition prices varied from just above normal to ridiculous based on what table you were at. It paid to shop around.

Back