Still ridiculous.

Yeah that's crazy, I just got it from Brownells for, I think, $49.99 about 3 weeks ago along with some Tac and BLC-2 for around $39 each. They pop up often, just have to be patient and act fast. I couldn't justify the hobby/sport if I had to pay those prices. Although I'm watching my primer stocks dwindle, so soon I may have to choke it down and pay up for some...But I have about 6 months worth left before that happens.

Shoot that means I have 60 bucks just laying in the bottom of my cabinet.

You don't buy powder on gun broker

No, but at the prices paid on there every day, a person could soon look into selling on there. Must be places in the country with way more money floating around then I'm used to, and with no access to shooting supplies close by.

Here's another example. Still has 3 days left. Look at the condition of this rifle. Horrible from receiver to barrel, not to mention the wood. I have one of these that is in pristine condition, I believe unfired, and it is in a factory carbine, not rifle length, that I paid I believe $425 IIRC, not 2 yrs ago off a table.

No, but at the prices paid on there every day, a person could soon look into selling on there. Must be places in the country with way more money floating around then I'm used to, and with no access to shooting supplies close by.
Either that, or people are so panic stricken that when they see something they "need" , it all of a sudden becomes a dire necessity in their minds.

Either that, or people are so panic stricken that when they see something they "need" , it all of a sudden becomes a dire necessity in their minds.

Well, for the most part I'm good on anything I might need hunting and shooting related, or food/shelter related. But anybody that's not, I can't say I blame that mindset at this point. Things are not right, and it's passed into the territory where everybody knows it. They might not be able to explain why, but they know it in their gut. Even a lot of democrats that voted for joking joe.

Reading this reminds me of how my dad raised me. With hunting rifles we confirmed zero with one or two shots a year. Shotguns and 22’s were for small game. Dinking around was done with a 22 or more likely a pellet gun. A box of shells lasted a little while and there best be quite a few deer hanging up in return. I’m returning to that philosophy and if I can ring an eight inch gong at 100 and 200 yards without issue I leave it alone.

Reading this reminds me of how my dad raised me. With hunting rifles we confirmed zero with one or two shots a year. Shotguns and 22’s were for small game. Dinking around was done with a 22 or more likely a pellet gun. A box of shells lasted a little while and there best be quite a few deer hanging up in return. I’m returning to that philosophy and if I can ring an eight inch gong at 100 and 200 yards without issue I leave it alone.

How I grew up also. Any regular shooting was done with a 22 and a BB gun. Deer rifles were for taking a couple shots to confirm they were on, and then whatever shots were taken while hunting. So I understand and could quickly be of the same mindset today.

However, I didn't accumulate all this stuff just to die with it someday. I enjoy rifles and I enjoy shooting them. I don't during these times shoot randomly and needlessly just to waste, but I got 20 yrs worth of primers and plenty of powder and bullets so I intend to continue the enjoyment of shooting.

Very true. I probably have enough loaded to make it another 50 years of hunting Then add in the components and I’m all set. But I’m not going to pay a scalper high prices. That’s just feeding the beast.

Just the shipping alone is over double what the average going rate is plus hazmat.

Cost me thirty-seven to have two pounds of Reloder16 shipped from Brownells back in late June and taking advantage of the free shipping promo at MidwayUSA I only paid twenty bucks for the Hazmat fee for two pounds of Magpro in late July.

I used to check Gun Broker regularly but not anymore. Was just looking at guns. As for prices it just demonstrates the greed that is evident in some people. Personally, I believe that is a lot of the current problem. Reminds me of the Bob Newhart show where the character told him about the new business he and his brothers started "Anything for a buck". Dan.

Makes me happy I stocked up over the years. I’ve yet to pay the big price for powder and have a lifetime supply (albeit I am an old fart and lifetime probably isn’t all that long).
I did pay $41 for a brick of small pistol primers last year and even that didn’t feel good.

Back