The Awesome Lee Loader

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Well, Gavin and I did it again. Writing this article and doing the video with Gavin took me back several decades to a time when I owned one rifle and loaded for it on a Lee Loader. It's still a great, and inexpensive, way to handload:

Please read the article as well as viewing the video:

Thank you, Guy

HAWKEYESATX

Handloader
Aug 15, 2016
That’s a great article!

I have bought 2 of the Lee Classic Loaders recently while you were working with Gavin.
I have one for my .308, and .270.
They are pretty cool ways of loading if you ask me!

Hawk

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
That's what I used when I started reloading for my H&R 30-30 single shot and I still have it in the cabinet in the reloading room.

Divernhunter

Handloader
Apr 1, 2009
That is what I started loading 12ga shells with in grammar school. It did the job. I would also say "awesome" and "lee loader" of any type do not belong in the same sentence :)

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
That is what I started loading 12ga shells with in grammar school. It did the job. I would also say "awesome" and "lee loader" of any type do not belong in the same sentence :)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You old sour party pooper. I don't own a lee loader so I can't comment one way or the other, but that cracked me up.

grry10

Handloader
Dec 7, 2007
I was 15 when I started handloading and my first tool was a Herter's cheaper clone of the Lee. I couldn't afford the Lee and buy components. In those days very few locals were handloading so everything had to be mail ordered. I did acquire a Lee later for 30-06 before I moved up to a used Herter's "C" press that my dad found at a garage sale.

KinleyWater

Beginner
Jun 15, 2019
Excellent article as usual. I have a Lee hand press that I loaded quite a few rounds on, mostly .38 Spl. I might have to pick up a couple of those just to have; you never know.

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
A flash from the past. I helped a friend with a Lee loader for his 30-30. It was a ton of fun.

JD338

RL338

Handloader
Mar 23, 2017
+1 😂
I don’t shoot a lot of 12ga , but I still use my good old Lee Load-All.